Marvel Legends X-23 "variant"

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Altercron, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Original Thread at Marveltoys.com posted by me Gauntlet/Altercron

While talking with the department manager of Toys at the Wal Mart I work at today, we got on the subject of the Marvel Legends figures, both of us are collecters, so we traded interested tidbits back and forth. What he said that interested me the most was about the purple X-23 "variant". It seems she isn't what is normally known as a variant. The "normal"/original is no longer shipped out in the Apocalypse series cases. So this new X-23 is a running change of sorts complete with a different barcode and everything.

So it seems Toybiz has decided to change the mold on X-23. Wonder what we can expect to be changed halfway through the final few series to come.

2. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    But haven't they both been found in variant cases? If it was a running change that would mean that they shouldn't be found in the same case. Also, this is the first I've heard of this so I'd treat it as a grain of salt. No offense to you of course, I'm just a bit skeptical. Of course, the black one still looks worlds better IMO.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Running change? No, no, THIS is a running change.

Gee, maybe I shouldn't have opened my black X-23..except she does look better. Purple looks like poop. That said, I have one if anyone needs it.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What the hell? As if it wasn't already hard enough to find this series around here, now you need to find MATCHING color body parts too? What a crock, I'm so glad I'm not that interested in this wave anyway.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I'll trade my purple with any black variants. If it's just the colors that are different I would have no problem with it. But that face...

:banghead: 

6. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Hmm, I didn't open any of my series 12 figures yet(no display space) and I have the blue apocalypse pieces. I really want the darker apocalypse, but don't want the purple x-23.

Are the darker pieces shipping in later waves, or are they random? Maybe I'll sell off the blue apocalypse, keep black x-23, and sell a loose set with the purple x-23.