Marvel Legends Wave 12 Apocalypse question

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Zircor, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Zircor

Zircor Well-Known Member

Hey for all the ML geeks out there. I'm just getting into them, and ended up picking up 4 out of the 6 ML Apocalypse wave. Got all the poccy pieces put together, and my bud calls and says he found the other 2 for me (lives on the other side of town, and has a decently stocked TRU unlike me). So he brings them in, we bust out the BAF pieces and only after he puts them on the parts I already have do I realize there's 2 different color schemes going (both arms, right leg and lower torso are the black one, while the left leg and upper torso are the earlier blue one). I was yelling "STOOOOOOP" while he was clicking the 2 toros pieces together :( 

So since Toybiz's email customer care are being typically unhelpful smartasses, I'm going to ask here: does anyone know of a way to take the torso parts apart without damaging it too badly? I can't find any places to unscrew, and I did realize how it went together, so I'm not thinking there's going to be much luck.

Last resort I guess would be to call toybiz and see if they can replace the whole shebang, but I have this feeling they won't make it easy for me.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, I don't think you can remove the parts...without damaging them...once they're in, they're in. The darker colour scheme you mention is a running change in the colour that TB implemented - recently.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I heard that putting the parts in hot water then popping them loose is a possible solution, although I haven't tried it. I'll have to check the parts carefully before I put them together.

4. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

You should ask on the Fwoosh! message boards. They are all Marvel, all the time. The TNI Marvel message board may be able to help you as well. I remember putting the pieces together and I don't think they were designed to come apart once they are together.

5. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I don't have Apocalypse, but I have Galactus. ToyBiz said that he wasn't meant to come apart once assembled, but I've done it. It just takes a bit of force.

6. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Apocalypses torso clips together differently to Galactus and the Sentinel. I don't actually have the parts myself, but from what I've seen it looks fairly one-way.

7. Predaking

You can always repaint the parts to match rest of the figure. BTW anyone know if you can tell what color those apocalypse parts are before you remove them from package?

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, you can. The pieces can be clearly seen and not hidden from the package.

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I actually had a problem with my sentinel and they sent a replacement leg but the first leg was already in. Then I talked to one of the guys there and they told me the BAF pieces are in once they are snapped in.

But maybe with enough force and a dash of luck, you may get it out.

10. Zircor

Zircor Well-Known Member

The limbs are actually pretty easy to get out, just pull a bit (also noticed that the arms don't stay in their sockets very well either :(  ) it's just the torso that's giving me grief.

Toybiz's email service sucks. I'm going to try and call tomorrow and see if talking to a live person will result in any better results.

Can you guys give me the URLs to the TNI and Fwoosh sites? I THINK I know TNI's but not for sure :) 

11. Predaking

http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum/index.php