Non-TF: Marvel Legends style God of War Hades

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, May 7, 2012.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Hey everyone, just a quick preface, i've been away for awhile, regrouping after a sort of business break up with the guy i used to do customs with. Turned out he was super shady, and stole alot of money from me and from a guy who commissioned him on this very site. Anyways, he's not longer part of the business, and i've been back to making things for a couple months now. So heres my first figure posted here in a long time:

Alright, this may just be the best figure i've ever done. Certainly had some of the most work i've ever done put into it. I was lucky enough to find a DC Unlimited God of War Hades staction figure at FYE on clearance. If that hadn't happened, i never would have tackled this, cause that thing is too expensive to grab online. I also just happened to have some big body parts in my bin, so it all just kind of came together.

Top half is FO Hulk that i extended about 1/3", the crotch, upper legs to knees, and feet are from Maestro, and lower legs are from Abomination, and the head is a stealth venom shoulder joint. The helmet, weapons, hands, toes, and spikes (all 35 of 'em) are from the DC Unlimited figure. Pretty much the entire figure was sculpted over, since he's kind of a portly fellow, his skin has craters all over it, and alot of open gaping wounds. I put magnets in his weapons so that chains can attach to them, and so the can attach to his chain belt. In the game, it seemed like when he threw them out the chains were attached to the back of his chain belt, so i put magnets close to them under his skirt so the chains on his hooks can pull off the in game look. He stands about 8.5" tall, maybe a little bit more.

This guys head also lights up, which is a first for me. I took apart a keychain flashlight from target and used the components from it. Had to paint over the light to make it yellow (though i also painted the head yellow and orange to help drive the color home. I know nothing about electronics, so working with this was difficult. Had to cut the LED off the circuit board and solder new wires onto it(turns out i'm terrible at soldering cause i had to redo it... a lot). The wires run under the sculpt on his back, and the circuit board/switch/batteries are actually all under his skirt on the back. I hope to work with LEDs more in the future, but i'm having a tough time of it, so we'll see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

This is amazing work mate!

3. hater06

hater06 Well-Known Member

this is really fucking cool

4. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Glad you went for the LED, it looks great. Really nice sculpting.