Marvel Legends Quality

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Fretburn, May 20, 2006.

1. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

I just got the new ML Onslaught series. Anyone else notice how bloody SOFT these figures are? I'm almost scared to really touch them because I worry about breaking the sticky joints.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah they are pretty soft.
    Had a few break at the knees and wrists. (X23, Omega Red) They can't be handled like the Joes.
    Mainly the thin ones. Big or thick ones like Hulkbuster, MechaHulk, Sentinel are pretty solid though and can take some abuse.

I know they're made for great poses but sometimes they have stiff parts that don't want to move.
    Especially in the breaking in process after opening.

There's still something so addictive about them and they're still quite fun to mess with. They're great when you get a shelf full. One of the most fun Ive had displaying toys.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Not really had many problems with mine other than the joints seem to be painted into position and then can get rather loose once they've been moved, and the random paint chipping (Omega Reds boots being the worst for me).

Unfortunatley most stores around here are still stuck on the Galactus series (with a few having some Apocs) so I haven't seen the Onslaught series in retail (and I don't much want that series at all but I really want Onslaught). My local Comic shop gets crazy with prices on sets too.

4. Fretburn

Abomination was the worst for stuck joints this time. Massive guy, but the vinyl is so soft I'm sure his right sholder will break if I try to rotate it.

I soacked them all in the sink full of very hot water. Then I moved their joints. That unstuck them. Still need to be handled gingerly though.

5. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Worst stuck joint I ever had was on Bishop. His forarm joint was so stuck I thought I was going to break the damn thing. Had to get it loose though, cause it was packaged backwards, so it would have looked weird in poses.

Otherwise most of the joints on the ML's are just super loose...like on my War Machine. His waist joint is SOOOO loose, I HAVE to use the display stand JUST to make him stand :( 

-Shifty

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny, my Abomination was not vinyl soft at all - at least to me.But then again, it was the Japanese carded version...

Yeah, I agree that the line has some serious QC problems but it has improved alot over time.

7. Fretburn

See, that's the thing. I haven't really had any complaints about the line, even since the beginning. It's just this latest wave. All six of the figures were afflicted with this problem. They also seem to have started using ratcheting joints on all the figures in the forward/back hip and sholder movement. I think that's one of the reasons the joints won't move sometimes. Stuck + resistance from the ratchet tabs.

8. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    I've really never had any major problems with my Legends figures until recently, and it's not even the new waves. I noticed as I was adding the Giant Man series and Face-off packs into my collection that both Sabretooth and Silver Surfer can barely stand up on their own now, talk about some soft plastic. Actually, Silver Surfer can't stand up at all, he's kind of leaning back on his board.

Series 13 hasn't hit around here yet but if the quality is like the Giant Man series or the new spidey stuff then they can't be that bad.

9. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I've had lots of problems with my toybiz marvel figures for about a year now. My movie Invisible Woman's elbow joint is attached, so her arm always bends in-ward. Spider-Man's Mysterio has the same problem with his foot, so he can't stand. Doc Ock's legs are so loose he can't stand. Omega Red doesn't have a complete knee joint, so the bottem part of his leg falls off when moved. My Angel can't even stand up without his wings on. He was packaged bow legged. Bah, I'm not looking forward to these toys as much anymore.

10. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    I don't think Angel would stand with his wings on even if it had normal legs. It's like strapping Hulkbuster Iron Man onto a Wolverine figure's back and trying to get him to stand.

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Coincidentally, my worse ML in terms of loose joints is Saber-tooth...

My Silver Surfer suffered the same problem too but I managed to super glue to tightened the joints. A better method would be using translucent nail polish.

I can't really complain about the toys because they're fairly cheap; which means that QC would be compromised in some areas...

12. JD

JD Well-Known Member

My main problem with ML is the display stands. A few of mine are broken and most of the plug/things you stick in their back are as bent like a boomerang. Also, the bases are freakin' weak! What happened to the old ones where you could stick the fig's feet on?

13. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Thought it wasn't a ML, the worst problem I've had was with that 18" Spider-Man 2 figure. Took him out of the box, tried to straigten his legs(since it was packaged crouching), and the right hip joint simply would not budge. Being familiar with ToyBiz figs I figured it was just stuck cuz of the paint or whatever. Applied a little more pressure and the whole damn leg snapped off at the hip. Packaged it back up and took it back. Friggin' rediculous.

14. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

Some of the figures from the WalMart series were so loose for me that they can not stand up on their own, at all. Havoc and Ant Man are the worst (Which is a shame, because I really like Ant Man) Its not like I can return them, either since NOBODY HAS ANY. The Legendary Riders series is pretty legendary for its terrible Quality Control, between Scarlett Witch's ugly-ass paint job, Hollow Ultron with Questionable Articulation, and The Thing's mismatched feet.

Whenever I talk to Jesse Falcon online, if the topic of conversation shifts to Marvel Legends its usually followed by a swear ridden rant from him about terrible Quality Control.

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    You talk to Falcon? If so, ask him to release the Inhumans! Well at least Black Bolt...then at least we will have all the "basic" characters of the Marvel Universe! :D 

16. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Who's doing the swearing? You or him? :lol 

-Shifty