Non-TF: Marvel Legends Iron Patriot

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, Jan 29, 2010.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

This guy was a labor of love, as I'm crazy about the Green Goblin and Iron Man, so this was like a match made in heaven. I really liked his first appearance look in Dark Avengers Assemble, as it was kind of a cross between old and new styles of Iron Man armor. It had modern Extremis like details, but also had the classic style of musculature shaped armor. So, I went out of my way to recreate that, instead of just repainting an existing Iron Man figure. He's got parts from like 5 different figures in him, and his entire torso, head, thighs, and upper arms have been resculpted. He's got magnetically interchangeable heads, and 4 interchangeable hands. He's up on ebay now at: Custom Marvel Legends Iron Patriot Dark Avengers - eBay (item 190369266540 end time Feb-05-10 18:32:49 PST)

Attached Files:

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    does he have actual LED's in his hands, or is that damned good PSing??

3. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

unfortunately, its just damned good photoshopping. I've never worked with LEDs, but I don't think there is any possible way you could get any in something as small as those hands.

4. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Holy shit that's amazing! I've been seeing a lot of Iron Patriot on DeviantArt lately and you have recreated him to the smallest detail. One question though, if you love him so much and you put so much work in to him, why are you selling him on ebay? I don't know about you but I would keep this one if I were you.

5. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Good question. There are several reasons: I don't really collect for starters, I just like making them. I need the money, and this guy sold for a pretty penny, though maybe not quite as much as I was hoping for (maybe I'll have to make another one). Lastly, and I know this sounds like BS, but I feel kind of altruistic selling them, at least the ones that don't have an official counterpart. There are those people out there who really like collecting, and want certain figures that either haven't been made or won't be made, so its cool to be able to fill that gap.