Marvel GI Joe and the Transformers Sucks.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UltimateOptimus, Apr 30, 2006.

1. UltimateOptimus

UltimateOptimus Long-time Hungarian Truck

I had it.

I just had it.

I'm sick of it.

Marvel's GI-Joe and the Transformers is sobad, that I order every and each issue of it to be shredded to the junk!

I'm REALLY sick of it!

Forget about it. Forget it right now. Read G2 #12 instead. It'll make you forget about this piece of dog-doo.

Proof:
    http://tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/index.php?s=gi_joe_tf

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Don't read it then.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Is this some kind of delayed reacton thing? Marvel TF comics ended years ago! ;) 

I kid, I agree that a lot of Marvel stuff was atrociously bad, but it wasn't ALL bad. (Having said that, read 'Carwash of Doom' then come back. I think you'll find that one more horrific...) I could put the blame solely on Bob Budiensky, but then he came up with all those great Tech Specs too!

Also I suspect that some of the crapness came from Hasbro themselves, Simon Furman has said that Hasbro routinely insist on certain characters being shoehorned in, just to sell the toys.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Relax dude...but during its time, it was a cool-idea...:D 

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

True. I know of a few Joes that were supposed to die but Hasbro wouldn't allow DD to kill them off.

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Whatever. Most of the Marvel G1 series ran circles around the cartoon in terms of quality storytelling.

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm wondering what suddenly brought this on? Did he just read the reviews on that site he linked to, and get so excited that someone else shares his dislike?

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I think the topic is just talking about the marvel TF and GI Joe crossover.

yeah, it was atrocious.

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Very true,particularly with the UK stories.They ALWAYS built on something that happened in a previous issue

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    UltimateOptimus is from Hungary. There's the definite possibility that he's ordering the trade paperbacks in order to get caught up with the Transformers comic book history. Therefore, most of this stuff is new to him.

Remember when we talked about judging a transformer fan based on how much he knows?
    :stick: 
    So he's learning now what we already know. Let it be. :thumb 

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but Bumblebee did get taken apart in that mini, and that had lasting consequences. How many other crossovers can say the same? Now if IDW and Dark Hoirse can get together for some SWTF action...

...ducks!

-Tony!
    'Use the force, Hot Rod...'

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    So now all the comic elitists come out to proclaim Marvel's holiness. The original poster wasn't even talking about the cartoon, yet it was brought up to backhand all of us(the vast majority of TF fans) that grew up enjoying it.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

No, I don't remember that discussion. Its irrelevant anyways, seeing as how my question isn't based on what I think he does or doesn't know.
    As to him being new to the comics, and trying to collect them via TPBs, thats something I'm in the process of doing myself. I certainly don't feel the need to come on here and start a thread simply to denounce a 20 some year old comic because I just read it for the first time and didn't care for it.
    If it was a new release (even a new release for Hungary, which it isn't) then it would be contemporary, but its not. So my question stands: what brought this on all of a sudden? And while we're at it, why go through so much trouble to get the rest of the mini-series if it pisses you off so much?

14. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe he's been seething with this rage since 1987, polishing his hatred into a fine jewel in a way not unlike coal becomes a diamond. And now he's finally ready to release his perfect creation of animosity into the world. And woe be unto those who behold it. WOE!

Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sage words man... Sage words...:thumb 

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    omg! something hungarian that is 20 years old just caught up with me!!!

17. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Um if you knew or have even spoken to KidDynamite before.You'd know that he'd never do that,you're just IMPO being oversensitive

Saying one medium had better story telling isn't being elitist.It's a pretty accurate statement to be honest.Much like how Wildstorm's Thundercats comics had better storytelling then the cartoon did.You can enjoy something while still knowing that other mediums handled to story better :) 

Actually GIJOE vs Transformers wasn't TOO bad,but the art fluctuated WAY too much.But GIJOE #139-142 handled it way better.And the UK Action Force crossover was a way better story too

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    There's no TPB that collects this Mini-series.

19. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Wow. I'm feeling the love in this thread. From my viewpoint, all the Marvel TF stuff was great, but I have a feeling that's mostly because I got them all when they came out as a kid and I think we all know that things from our childhood that were cool then usually suck now in retrospect, but are still technically cool 'cause they were then (did I lose anyone?). I'm actually re-reading all the Marvel stuff currently (it's been, like 8 years, since the last time) and it's not that good in some ways, but I have to say that, to me, they feel a lot "meatier" than today's Marvel stuff. I can finish a modern Marvel in barely any time at all since it all seems to be all flash and little substance. Whereas in the old stuff, there was a lot of dialogue, much more art, and things to contemplate. Again, that could partially be the rose-colored glasses talking.

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    The context was pretty clear. Marvel is never to be criticized, because "it's better than the cartoon~!".