Marvel g1 Loose Ends for #81

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Quixote_Prime, Dec 6, 2011.

1. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wouldn't matter. If we get to see the effects of nuclueon.

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

I guess I better finish reading the first 80 issues before I can decide which loose ends I want tied up.;) 

3. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I read the entire UK series a few months ago, but, I think I'll reread the US series, just to see what loose threads bug me.

4. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Right now I'm reading the US series through IDW's Transformers Classics and I'm enjoying it so far. Planning on reading the UK series as well.

5. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The UK series fits in well with the US stories, until you get to Earth Force.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always wanted to see the continuing adventures of "Fortress Maximus - Defender of the Earth". Ratchet, Megatron, Shockwave, and Starscream were covered in the Nucleon that brought everyone back, so they could be easily revived. Heck, Galvatron was as well, so he could come back the same way...

7. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Nucleon itself is a loose end!

I hope it stays in the storyline and has some negative effects besides the positive ones of resurrecting fallen characters.

8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

The Headmasters original heads.

Tyrannitron becoming the 6th Dinobot, hopefully prompting a repaint of Energon Cruellock.

Explanations for updated Classics alt modes. Would love Soundwave to use his WFC alt mode. It's a great toy. Overkill and Grimlock sporting similar bodies?

9. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Personally I am hoping we don't get much of this kind of token updating or retconning to fit in with current Classics and whatnot. Leave that for the other TF comics, and let this be a literal continuation of characters and designs from latter G1.

Isn't that the whole point?

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yet some Earth Force stories are direct continuations of Time Wars. Survivors happened immediately after Time Wars and doesn't contradict anything from Time Wars. Then the Carnivac stories happen which could take place during the main U.K. continuity but these lead into Earth Force to conclude that particular story arc.

I'd have Soundwave's WFC toy as the body he had before he came to Earth four million years ago instead of a new body in the present day.

I'd also have Grimlock and Overkill's Classics toys appear in different unrelated timelines. I.E. Grimlock upgrades to his Classics body in the Games of Deception timeline but perhaps in G2 or Regeneration One, its Overkill with the Classics body and not Grimlock. All those timelines are continuations of the original Marvel comics but they are seperate and unrelated.

Nope. Its a continuation of the story. Characters should continue to upgrade and be reformatted just as they have been doing throughout the Marvel comics.

As for retcons, I wouldn't want Regeneration One to alter what happened as was shown in the original Marvel comics for whatever reason. HOWEVER, some characters disappeared during the Marvel comics without explanation and did not reappear. What happened to Cliffjumper? What happened to the Combaticons? What happened to the Protectobots? How about if they had already upgraded to their modern toy designs shortly after they disappeared during the Marvel comics? That wouldn't be a retcon because we weren't shown what happened to them before.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I want to see Fangry go after Grimlock for some PAYBACK. :D 

12. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They kept up with the G1 toys where they could, yeah. But only a handful of characters actually ever got reformatted, because back then we simply didn't have today's trend of a new Prime/Bumbleebee/Megatron/Starscream toy three times a year. I can't see much point in everybody suddenly getting their Classics forms for example.
    That would be interesting and definitely counts as tying up loose ends.

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope they stick to finishing the story they started telling, rather than add in all this modern "retcon" stuff as others have said. If that was the case, then it's really not a continuation of G1, it's a re-boot, of which we've had plenty of. This is all my opinion btw.

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    It takes place twenty years after #80 so why shouldn't a lot of characters have new bodies even if we take away the "to sell toys" aspect to why Transformers usually change bodies.

15. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Yes.

New Matrix-Quest anyone?

Man I love that whole story-line.

16. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More autobot hm jr crime noir for meeeeeeeeee.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Although I was aware of Regeneration 1, I haven't kept up with every detail of it.
    I didn't realize there was to be a real-time 20 year gap.

So, couldn't G2 have 'happened' then?

There's a bunch of plot points I want to see continued, but none more so than the Nucleon factor. We had all these 'Action Masters' at the end of G1, and then here comes G2 and *bam* not a one to be found; nor a mention of them.

Another thing I would like focused on is the Powermaster bonding process.
    If the Last Autobot detected Optimus Prime's essence in Hi-Q and created a new Optimus Prime body for him, then wouldn't all the Powermasters individual entities eventually merge together?

If I remember correctly, Hi-Q stated specifically that it was the 'Powermaster Process' that did this, presumably the Headmasters and certainly the Targetmasters would remain separate.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    G2 is ignored in Regeneration One.

Hi-Q is the only one shown to be affected. If Optimus Prime didn't die, something "wonderful" would have happened to the two of them. Instead, Hi-Q's mind was overwritten by Optimus Prime's.

As for the other Power Masters... I suppose if the Transformer dies then the Nebulan would become the Transformer in their mind.

19. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    True, but don't forget we already had a twenty year gap during G1. And most, if not all, TFs were shown not to have changed their forms at all during that time. The whole "Transformers usually change bodies" thing is a recent convention springing from the modern need to churn out multiple toys of popular characters; it didn't happen nearly as often during G1. It's going to be enough dealing with the Nucleon/Actionmasters change without yet another upgrade as well. It's the stories that made the old Marvel comics so iconic, they should continue to focus on that.
    Yes please! :thumbs2: 

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

When thinking of loose ends, the Roadjammers are the first thing that come to mind. At the end of #46, it was implied that we were going to see them again.