Marvel Figure Factory and a quick Target question

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DX7879, Sep 7, 2006.

1. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Is there a website with good prices on Marvel Figure Factory figures? Also, anyone know how many in a case, and the ratio? I just started buying these, but seem to keep seeing the same ones.

Also, I was at a Target today and asking someone if they can get me an item from the back (had a DCPI code), and the person told me that he would get in trouble if he did that, unless there's none on the shelf. Is that true? Yesterday I went to a different Target, and they were more than happy to grab me what they found. Same with lots of other Targets that I've been to.

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Don't they have a picture on the box? Or are you talking about the mystery figure?

3. DX7879

The same ones I see are not mystery figures. I basically keep seeing Mr. Fantastic and Nightcrawler for the most part. Looking to buy some online, or maybe a case, but ebay is overpriced with shipping

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've heard that some Targets have a policy saying they're not allowed to get certainly collectibles out of the backroom. I'm fairly certain it stems from either Hot Wheels or Star Wars junkies (likely HW) being constant pains in the ass and wanting to rifle every case around. I don't know if it's a corporate thing or store by store.

5. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I'd have to say it's a lazy stock person. I've had people at every Target in my area, that's 5 that I frequent when I'm on the hunt, that will gladly get me stuff, as long as it's not one of the specific items with the little disclaimer tags on them. But, I've had some even bring out HW when I collected them and asked nicely.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's just a lazy stocker thing, or a toy manager who has very strict policies. If you run into this again, move the figures from the shelf to another, temporary location. Have them bring the case out, then move the other ones back to the original spot.

-Tony!

7. DX7879

I had two people at that Target not get stuff for me, but the 1st one said that the figure might not be in that assortment, but nothing about being in trouble. At first I asked a guy, and he seemed like he would get it, but he didn't have one of those scanner things. He asked another guy who was the one that said they need to get rid of what's on the shelf first.

BTW, anyone know where to be some Figure Factory or cases of them. My new hobby

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Target has a policy that no items are allowed to be brought from the back that are considered "collector" items. These include most action figures and die-cast cars. And yes, it stems from Star Wars and Hot Wheels collectors. However, as you said, depending on the target, some employees will gladly ignore the policy and make the sale. It really is a store by store/employee by employee policy.

I had a store manager tell me if I didn't like it, I don't have to shop there. But I got him back.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I finally found Alt Prime and Mirage by having the guy bring a case out of the rear. The shelf was empty though, so that fits with what you were told.

10. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    How about no, since if you don't move the figures back and dayside team members don't properly zone the department, you're just creating a long term issue with the store not getting more product because the system shows X number of toys in the system and the auto order not filling any more orders.

Plus if they pull the case and there's too many on the floor, then they need to backstock the excess stock, and that's creating more work for a backrrom team member who already has a busy enough day without having to backstock product because a collector wanted one figure out of a case of 4 or 6.

It's a corporate policy, hell I could even have told you the sign number when I did signing at my old store. It has nothing to do with lazy stockers Tony. Some people just are aware of the policy and follow it. While most targets don't enforce the policy, all it takes is one pissy manager to decide that day is the day someone gets fired for pulling a collectible from the back.

Basically, Laser_Optimus and I have discussed the collectible policy at length and the best situation we could come up with is to only enforce the collectible policy on target exclusive items. Anyone can buy hotwheels or star wars, or even Transformers at any retailer, but on exclusive items, Target is the only game in town. Sure a guest could go to another target with more lax rules, bu it's still a sale at target. Our reasoning is if we're gonna lose sales, we might as well lose them to another target and keep the money in the company.

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

What is a Marvel Figure Factory?

12. DX7879

Marvel Figure Factory is basically a marvel figure that you build. It comes in a crate of pieces, and you follow the directions to put it together. It mostly cost about $5 at Target, and I believe $6 at Toys R Us.

Anyone know if Series 3 is going to come out, or is it canceled?