Marvel Crossovers Captain America

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by all are dead, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Now THAT would be sweet!

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    This toy looks awesome! I've been meaning to collect this line, I will eventually. Cap will be one of my first purchases!

3. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sure that would be nice :) 

Hey man! just like i asked all are dead, do you have by chance G2 Hero Megatron or any of the repaints? I would like to see some comparison pics :) 

4. MEGAMAN X FAN

MEGAMAN X FAN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the red plastic is horrible hasbro should be ashamed of themselves

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The red looks better in person, and no, I don't own G2 Hero Megatron.

6. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Well if the Thor proves anything, it's that Marvel crossover bot mode colors trumps the alt mode looking not ugly. Though the Thor is tons worse than Cap here.

7. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    YOU are the f$%^&*ing MAN! I just got this, wondered why the hell the arms were flopping, saw the slots, pressed, thought the figure would break, read your post, then VOILA! Captain FREAKING AMERICA RULES! First Crossover from Marvel that I own, and I am very impressed!

8. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Loved him until I noticed two right feet LOL. Going to buy another swap and return and pass on the goodness. Little kid wont notice.

9. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone else have this issue? I've got Cap, but I don't think I'm transforming his head area right because the little flap with the star sits in front of his chin and blocks the view of his face. I cannot, for the life of me, get it to sink further or his head to rise higher.

10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Mine came with 2 right feet, it doesn't bother me much, but it is disappointing nonetheless. I'm not sure if you can even tell from the packaging, because the feet are within the lower legs in truck mode.

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Mine is the same way. I think that was how it's designed.

12. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Incorrect. You need to simply lift the flap from the side closest to the grill of the vehicle. that will get it higher. then you can pull the head up and click them shut together.

13. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

yeah, it took me awhile to figure this out as well but if you just fiddle with that front piece with the star on it, lift it up and then try pulling the head back until it clicks into place you'll get his head up where it should be.

Also, i dunno if I was just slow to realize this or not but you can pull his arms at the shoulders back, they slide and will lock into place. Once slid back and locked they have a nice ratcheting rotation instead of just flopping around. Just pointing it out in case anyone else missed it.

14. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    don't suppose you could give me some pics so I can see what I'm doing wrong?

15. Bumblebee78

Bumblebee78 Well-Known Member

Really? Mine came with 2 rights fists. I fixed it with a hobby knife, glue and some paint. Aside from that, a pretty good toy.

16. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just got one today. My first Marvel Cross over. I like it. I won't get too many of them. I might get Wolvie and Venom, but that is it for a while most likely. Possibly Torch.

The size is pretty decent and the transformation is good too. yeah the colors clash, but it fits somewhat on the Hummer

I mainly got this because i needed a fix from not finding new stuff

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought Cap here out of impulse for a sudden desire for another Crossover. Cap turned out great! From my experience with Crossovers, both Star Wars and Marvel, I've got to say that Cap is certainly among the best, if not the best of all those that I own.

His Humvee mode is solid and tough, and rolls well. Some say the colors don't blend, but I disagree. It has a nice contrast between the red and blue. Then again, I was always a fan of Captain America's, Superman's and Spider-man's colors so I may be biased here. Paint may be lacking for some (was enough for me), but there are many sculpted details for the customizer.

His transformation is surprisingly intuitive and unique. It takes a new spin on the common concept of a car Transformer.

His robot mode really looks great. A lot of Crossover figures are a hit and miss with regards to how well they look as robots but Captain America certainly is a hit. His head sculpt is fantastic, looking like an appropriately robotic version of the Cap, and his body proportions are great. I loved what they did with his shield, the pop-out feature is a nice touch and gives it a lot of play value.

Poseability is good, but is actually better on paper than in reality. He has a great number of joints, from waist to wrists, and most of them are ratcheting joints, which I've always loved. However, due to his massive boots, and other kibble, posing him can be a bit difficult. With some creativity, however, you can get a few decent ones out of him.

Cap is HUGE. Seriously, I've compared the Cap with some Voyager figures like Animated Optimus Prime and the Cap is quite massive. Not bad for something that costs nearly $5 cheaper than Voyagers. I thought he would have been Deluxe-sized or only slightly bigger than that.

A few negatives are the fragile construction of his shoulder joints (which rely on an innovative, but far too brittle sliding mechanism), and despite using better plastic than the Star Wars figures, he still falls slightly (very slightly only) short of the mainline ones. This may also be a negative for some, in that he lacks paint detail, but I found a liking to it because it accentuates his comic book look.

Overall Captain America is a fantastic Crossover figure and a great Transformer in his own right. An 8.5/10 for me, even when comparing to mainline figures.