Marvel Comics Solicitations for August, 2006

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, May 16, 2006.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Read the full solicitation here.

ULTIMATES ANNUAL #2
    Written by CHARLIE HUSTON
    Penciled by MIKE DEODATO and RYAN SOOK
    Cover by MIKE DEODATO
    As the Ultimates clear the wreckage from the recent attack on the U.S., a monstrous evil from the past rises from the ashes to launch an attack when America is at her weakest. Featuring the return of the long-thought-dead bio-fanatic: Arnim Zola! And with the ranks of the Ultimates severely depleted, all that stands in Zola's path is the indomitable sentinel of liberty-Captain America and Sam Wilson, the high-flying Falcon! Cover to cover action!

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #98 and #99
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
    "THE CLONE SAGA"
    Spidey is reeling from the exposure of the Scorpion's unbelievable identity. But even that pales besides the string of revelations awaiting him such as: Who kidnapped Mary Jane and what does he/she want? Who does Spider-Man struggle against in the old warehouse where he fought his first battle? Who is waiting for him in the house in Queens he and his Aunt May abandoned recently? Your jaw will drop and your mind will go numb when you learn the solution to these mysteries. And the world of Peter Parker will never be the same. Parts 2 and 3 of 5.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #2
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils & Cover by MARK BROOKS
    The team that brought you last year's Ultimate Spider-Man Annual returns! And they've brought Punisher and Daredevil with them! While Foggy Nelson offers Spidey some legal advice, Police Captain Jean DeWolfe gives him some other advice...on how to take down the Ultimate Kangaroo! Will Peter Parker be able to navigate his way through this all-action moral maze? And more to the point...will Punisher just shoot him instead?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #535
    Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
    Pencils & Cover by RON GARNEY
    CIVIL WAR Tie-in
    "THE WAR AT HOME"
    Caught in the throes of the Civil War that's ripping apart the super hero community, Spider-Man contemplates a move that will mean new friends and new foes. In a conflict of this magnitude, there is no middle ground -- Peter Parker's move will cast him as either George Washington...or Benedict Arnold. Part 3 (of 6).

SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN #29
    Written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
    Pencilled by Angel Medina
    Cover by Angel Medina
    "The Deadly Foes of Spider-Man " Part 1 (of 3) After the extraordinary events of CIVIL WAR, the heroes and their families try to cope with the remarkable changes in the Marvel Universe. Now, one of Spider-Man's oldest and most insidious foes--the Chameleon--decides to make his move against the wall-crawler! His first step: gathering a new super-team of Spider-Man's deadliest foes and striking him where he is most vulnerable...

ANNIHILATION #1 (of 6)
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN
    Penciled by ANDREA DIVITO
    Cover by GABRIELE DELL'OTTO
    Variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    One empire has fallen.
    Two heroes are dead.
    It all comes together here! Individually, the Silver Surfer, Super-Skrull, Ronan and Nova have faced down the Annihilation Wave... and lost! Now, they must unite those who remain or die by Annihilus' hand! The Annihilation has only begun!

ANNIHILATION: THE NOVA CORPS FILES
    Written by MICHAEL HOSKIN, ANTHONY FLAMINI, JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, SEAN MCQUAID, RONALD BYRD, CHRIS BIGGS, ERIC ENGELHARD, CHAD ANDERSON, STUART VANDAL & MARK O'ENGLISH
    Cover by ANDREA DIVITO
    Get caught up on all of the players in the Annihilation event - just in time for this month's ANNIHILATION #1! Featuring Annihilus, Nova, Ronan, the Silver Surfer, the Super-Skrull, Thanos and more - all from the Xandarian Worldmind files of the Nova Corps!

CLAWS #1 (of 3)
    Written by JIMMY PALMIOTTI and JUSTIN GRAY
    Pencils & Cover by JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER
    Shanghaied and transported to a remote desert island, Wolverine and the Black Cat find themselves at the center of a deadly game. A team of filthy-rich hunters have slapped down some serious cash for the opportunity to hunt the Most Dangerous Prey on the Planet - and they've got the high-tech weapons to do just that. Like it or not, the key to Logan and Felicia's survival just might be their ability to cooperate long enough to evade their hunters and uncover the identity of the deadly ringmaster. Brought to you by the team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray and superstar artist Joe Linsner.

FANTASTIC FOUR #540
    Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
    Penciled by MIKE MCKONE
    Cover by ADI GRANOV
    CIVIL WAR tie-in!
    It had to happen! Amidst the tumult and tensions of CIVIL WAR, the Fantastic Four break up! Who will toe the line, who will join the resistance, and who will leave the battlefield altogether? And is this the end for Marvel's First Family?

EXILES #85
    Written by TONY BEDARD
    Pencils & Cover by PAUL PELLETIER
    "THE NEW EXILES" Part 1 (of 2)!
    Snikt, to the sixth power! With the Exiles fired, it's time for a new group of dimension jumping heroes. Wolverine has always been known as the best there is at what he does, so six Wolverines must be really really REALLY good at what they do! Can the Exiles get their jobs back from these scene-stealing Canucks? Don't bet on it!

2. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I pray that this years Ultimates Annual #2 is better than last years.

And the Exiles story sounds pretty good.

3. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I pray that we get another issue of Ultimates period.

Annihlation, yay!

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    That issue of Exiles should rock. After all the times I've joked about Marvel making an entire team out of just Wolverine, they're actually doing it! :lol 

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    How much you want to bet the Wolverines all kill eachother by the end of the story? lol

6. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not much on the TPB front for me, I keep looking for Byrne FF v6 with anticipation !

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I was planning on starting Exiles after Civil War, but I think I'll start it in August.

8. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

I expect Zombie Wolvie to eat his team mates. Tha tor be the first to die anyway.

Ultimate Spidey's cover shot makes me wonder if that's Kitty Pryde on the cover in a new costume or somebody completely new.

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I completely forgot to look at the cover to Exiles before.

We get to see DoFP Wolvey again. Neat!

Is the one next to young Wolverine supposed to be the Ultimate version?

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Claws sounds fun!

12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I think that's supposed to from the time he was going by "Patch" when he was living in Madripor.

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

More Zombies! YES!