Marvel Civil War recommendations

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by doomboy536, Nov 27, 2010.

1. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Over the last year me and my wife have been slowly crawling our way through the Civil War collections. So far we've read the following:

- Road to Civil War
    - Civil War
    - Iron Man
    - Spider-Man
    - Thunderbolts

Neither of us were really into comic books before this, but we'd seen various Marvel cartoons when we were young and watched the recent films. I've also played Ultimate Alliance 2, which I know is an extreme mish-mash of events but does a reasonable job of introducing various characters to a newbie.

So we're wondering what to try next. Any recommendations?

2. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Avengers Disassembled is good, but actually takes place before Civil War. Are there any characters or groups you particularly liked that you'd like to read more about? That may help narrow it down a bit.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds interesting, we'll take a look at it. My wife is a big Spider-Man fan, and I quite like Iron Man. Anything with Captain America or the X-Men would also be good, but we're also willing to try out something new.

4. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

There was an X-Men: Civil War miniseries, but I didn't really like it.

The Young Avengers/Runaways: Civil War Mini was pretty awesome, but I'm a big fan of those two teams, so if you're not familiar with them you might not like it as much.