Mars

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ThaRizla, Apr 27, 2009.

1. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

I searched the forums and did not see any mention of this, so if it has been mentioned before please close.

Do you think the footage from the Beagle 2 Rover will play a part at all in ROTF? (ie a decepticon base on mars and that's why there was a robot there or something along those lines)

Your thoughts?

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The Movie Prequel comics and Reign of Starscream already explained this. Starscream was the one who trashed the rover, with Blackout and Barricade chilling out nearby.

Thundercracker, Hardtop, and a cluster of drones were also manning a ship on Mars. The two were instructed to stay behind while Starscream and the other 'cons from the movie went to Earth and reclaim the Allspark. Then Starscream came back, and Arcee's unit attacked, and a bunch of characters died.

3. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

Thank you, I was not aware of that. Would you like to see this portrayed in the movie? I was hoping for something more than a 13 second clip.

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe there could be a mourning for Smokescreen and Cliffjumper, whom Starscream killed. :( 

5. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

I would also love to see the prequel comics come to life in ROTF but i dont think they will use that much time to focus on MARS. I think it would be nice to see Starscream trash the rover and also see the other Decepticons on MARS with him. But well just have to wait and see if Bay includes anything of the sort.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

I beleive that in the Bluray version, in the extras, they explain that it was BB that trashed the rover. When you turn on the 'bubble' commentary, if I remember correctly.

7. Ian7

Ian7 LOOK AT MY SIG AND CLICK

Never heard anything about that. Would be all for somebody putting it up on the 'tube though!

8. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

I remember when the first TF movie came out and people were either saying it was bumble bee or starscream that destroyed the probe.

The cons know where earth is why bother with mars.footage in ROTF would be pointless

9. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    inside the movie the man from sector 7 sais that the picture from the rover shows the same thing as in dakar.

so now we have 3 bots who trashed the rover:

bumblebee
    starscream
    blackout

take your choice! ;-)

10. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    LimeWire, I'm pretty sure that he says they're of the same "exoskeletal type" as Blackout, not that it's the same TF. I personally think the robot in the probe's footage looks like Bumblebee. However, I keep asking myself if an Autobot would indescriminately destroy a Mars rover...

11. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that it was BB, thats why he was the first bot on earth.

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    First Autobot. Apparently the other Deceptcions were on Earth in 2003.

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

In that scene where they say that its of the same exoskeletal type, if you have the pop up feature on, where it gives you little tidbits of info, itll say that was BB

14. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

Yeah, it'd be great to see that rover getting the smash-crap knocked out of it from Screamers' pov. Then he looks over his shoulder at his commrades.