Marry young or party hard?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by llamatron, Sep 1, 2007.

1. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I've been pondering about this for the past few days and thought I would pose the question to you guys seeing as there's a fairly broad range of experiences and situations here. So, which do you think is better: Marrying young (by young, I mean early 20's and under) or partying hard until you're 30 or so and then trying to secure a life mate?

Too start us off here's a few points for each side:

Marrying Young

Some Pro's

*If you want kids it's best for them to get cracking as early as possible. Marrying young gives you a few years to yourself and then you can get down to baby production.

*You're not going to grow old and lonely. I guess there's a sense of security there.

*If they're truly your super-duper lovely best friend for evah then why not?

Some Con's

*You're sort of sacrificing a lot of your life.

Party Hard

Some Pro's

*Tits. Lots and lots of different tits. Or, Dicks. Lots and lots of different dicks.

*Freedom. No commitments, no responsibilities, you can do whatever the hell you feel like.

Some Con's

*Missing the marriage train. If you wait too long it can be hard to get on board, or find someone without a butt load of baggage (kids, insane ex, huge debts, etc).

Now that I've got the party started, debate and / or share your experiences.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Flip a coin. If you get heads, get a lot of... ummm... well you know and have fun and party hard. If you land tails, get a lot of tail. Yeah, win-win situation.

But, IF the coin lands on its side THEN get married.

4. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    I married last year at the tender age of 21 just because I wasn't really the "party hard" type and I'm crazy about Mrs. Spartan Prime. But then again, I'm Scotch-Irish and I don't drink. Who am I to make any sense..?

5. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

I don't see myself marrying, or having kids for that matter (unless fried and drizzled with white sauce). Then again, I'm not a wild party animal either; pretty tame, but terrified of commitments. People in Asia have trouble accepting the fact one wants to be single, and have been telling me I'll change my mind for about 10 over years. I'm still adamant about being single and pursuing some oddball goals that keep changing.

6. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I'm never getting married, or having kids. I like to drink now and then and see a cover band at a local bar, but that's as far as I go for "party hard". I just like being alone, that or.. I never really met anybody who I "liked" long enough, and didn't want to run screaming in the other direction, after knowing them.. in that sort of sense.. if you catch my drift. 8( *hugs knees*

I'm too wrapped up in my goals and dreams to get married, I think. I mean if I ever became some kind of famous cartoonist or whatever.. (bawhaha I wish.. well I have a story idea in the works) I'd save a kid from third world country and spoil them rotten. But that's only after I know I could support myself, and have my dreams come true, and take care of a kid. Yes. A kid. It would have to know how to use the bathroom, alone. Before I'd mother it.

And as a side note- I really hope our generation of married couples and families betters then the past.. I mean I witnessed so many divorces growing up. It's really unsetting. Marriage is, and supposed to be; forever.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    BOTH!

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Been with the same chick for about 8 yrs. Never married.

Frustrated. Why do the cute chicks at Target have to wear tight khakis?

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I married young, I was 22. Still married and loving every moment of it.

10. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I am 34 and still single. I wanted to marry whe I was younger, sadly I have not found anyone to do that with. I still want to get married, because being alone is getting old.

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I actually am fortunate enough to have done both, sort of. I partied till I was 24, and got married when I was 26. Im almost 28 now and I have great wife, and a 7 week old baby girl. Definitely happy with my decision.

12. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't think there's one all-purpose answer to this question. It all depends on what you want out of life.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I married my serious girlfriend (at 24) 'cause I was going to Iraq and she didn't want to break up. If something happened, she'd be taken care of a little better and I'd make more money while I was gone.

We agreed to get an annulment or divorce when I got home. She changed her mind and that didn't happen--I know, I know, what a surpise, right?

About a year and a half later, I've finally got the papers rolling and I'll be divorced by October. It's a weird situation, but in the end, it's really the best choice.

I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with getting married young, though. It's just depends on who you are and what you want--basically like llama already broke it down.

I think the only thing I'd say is that I'm personally the kind of person who shouldn't be getting married young, or at all, and I'm happier being that kind of a person.

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I don't know, it took me until I was about 24 to get some game, but then two years later I met the chick that I've been with now for almost 5 years. not married, but will probably get married eventually. I've gotta say though, that waiting a while to settle down is where I'd go. gotta test the waters and see what's out there.

15. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I hate kids and i've not got the patience to maintain a woman, i'd probably end up in prison if I tried doing the whole marriage and kids thing.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I partied hard (if you can call it that) til I was 32 then I got married. I did the whole hitting the dance clubs/rave bit and stayed out til 2-3am on weekends. I was particularly wild after breaking up with my ex cuz I was 27 and wanted to experience all the fun shit before I settle down. Though I didn't expect to ever get married now I am expecting my first child w/my wife in a month.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

party hard.

18. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Get married to someone that will still let you party hard.

19. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Well, I'm 20, but I don't want to get married for at LEAST a few years. I plan on partying once I turn 21. Then well see where everything goes from there. =P

So I vote: party hard.

20. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    QFT!!!

I married at the age of 21 and we had our first child five years afterward. Right now we're expecting our third in April '08 and we couldn't be happier. That doesn't mean you still can't party hard. My wife lets me go out with my friends from time to time and vice versa. She leaves the sofa ready for me and a few extra sheets just in case some of my friends can't make it home and I do the same for her. There's nothing like waking up in the morning and seeing some hot chicks crashing on your living room floor! If/when we go out we almost always do so together and have my mom baby-sit, but we do give each other some space; which is really important. If there’s trust in the relationship then there shouldn’t be a problem. I have it, and get it good at home... I'm not looking for it anywhere else. ;) 

Don't get me wrong, kids dramatically slow you down, so to speak. We don't go out nearly as much as we used and we don't mind at all. Marriage, on the other hand, shouldn’t really slow you down; it all depends on who you marry.