Customs: Marlboor Marlboro Wheeljack G1 conversion kit?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by jeditaz, Apr 26, 2011.

1. jeditaz

jeditaz Tazformer

I have a friend of mine that is looking for someone who makes these. Figured I would lend a hand on it. Anyone know of anyone who makes these? I know Transrepro used to and the search function really was not helpful in finding anything but customs using the Transrepro kit. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Darkov

Darkov Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  3. Generalstratton

Generalstratton Well-Known Member

the problem is, the people who own Marlboro Cigarettes, own the image to the pain Scheme of car that Marlboor is based on. Right down to the Red & white pattern in the car before the extras, like racing numbers are even added.

And they are aggressively protecting that copy write tooth and nail. So when some one starts to make a kit, they get a letter from Marlboro's legal department.

It comes down to the anti-smoking laws, in regarding marketing kids. And while we know these kits would only be used by adult collectors. The law, is black an white in its wording.

Arron Black of repro labels, has already received his knock it off or else letter from his old G1 Marlboor sticker kit. So he will not make one for the classics Wheel jack.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

holy crap, is that why they stopped making it!?! I'm so glad I got mine years ago.

5. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay: