Marky Mark says 'Expect to be blown away' by AOE in IGN Interview

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraAlanMagnus, May 25, 2014.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Mark have been in the business a lot longer than Shia and I trust that if mark is in a movie that he feels is something new or not done before and he feels its going to be good, I'd tend to have a bit more faith in his word over Shia's who really has not has the same experiences as Mark.

2. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Mark has shown on more then enough occasions that he actually is a good actor, something you cant say about Shia.

3. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    I love her. :lol 

4. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    in fairness to Shia, Marky Mark has had a lot longer to become a good actor!

D'ya know what? F*ck that, Marky Mark was pretty much great out of the box, whereas Shia, F*ck Shia!

feel better :lol 

5. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    You are not alone,my friend;) 

6. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Respect for Shia for not being the typical annoyance in Lawless :) 

7. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry, it was totally tongue in cheek about how I hardly recognize the name "Mark Whalberg" as opposed to "marky mark".

I agree too..Marky Mark, has really come into his own, as a seriously good actor. Im really looking forward to him leading this new movie. He really won me over in "the fighter".

Compare Marky to Shia..."facepalm"..I cant stand that dude. I thought his whiny presence, and awkward attempts at comedy in all 3 movies was the downside of them all. Shia would rather work on noname indie movies that no one will ever watch, While marky is surpassing a lot of other high grossing actors in my opinion. Its like Mickey Rourke. one movie can change my whole view of an actor. I watched "the wrestler" and after that I thought "holy crap..Mickey Rourke is one baddass actor. he WAS that guy.."

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    How is it tired when he chose the name for himself? It was never meant to be witty or clever.

Don't know if you watch his show (the Wahlburgers) but Marky Mark is probably a more apt description of him than Mark Wahlburg.

Wahlburg makes me think the movie will be better, even the human parts. He's much more charismatic on screen than Shia. Plus he seems more like the type to get involved in a giant galactic battle.

I'm excited. After the letdown that was Xmen Im hoping the story is coherent enough to be remembered and explain why characters do what they do... but let the action talk. If Bay was better at story telling and pace, he'd be the best action director ever. Movies like Avengers and Captain America have raised the bar for action and storytelling... so I wonder how he's gonna respond? Maybe this is that blow you away answer... I hope it is.

9. soundwave69

soundwave69 Well-Known Member

Marky Mark will instantly be a 1000% improvement over Shia. I will say, however, when he delivers the "I think we just found a Transformer" line in the trailers, it is cringeworthy.

10. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

We're seriously discussing Marky Marks music career and not the goddamn movie based on the franchise this website is made around.

[​IMG]

11. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Haha, NO WAY, REALLY?? Is THAT what the lead actor out promoting his new movie has to say?! I won't believe it until someone like, oh I don't know, the director also says something similar... and maybe even ups the ante by stating "this is the best one yet". THEN, and only then, will I be sold. It'll be a nice change of pace from all the other actors & directors telling everyone that their new movies will underwhelm, disappoint and maybe just all-out suck when doing their press tour interviews. Glad to see Mark bucking the trend here.

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I call him Marky Mark because that's who I knew him as first it's not a joke.

13. ShockRod

ShockRod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mark WAS in New Kids for a short time, before they were big.

Back on Topic... Yeah, of course he's going to say it will be awesome... but a lot of us already assume that from the trailers. This is the first one I've REALLY looked forward to from the footage shown in the trailer.

14. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's been at least 15 years since he used that as a stage name. Now it's used by Bay haters as a cheap dig.

15. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're right, he was early on for a very short time. I thought he was talking about Mark being a member through the whole time of the group, my bad. Now back on topic, I really hope its explained where the other Autobots are an now the new ones get to Earth.

16. AAarcher221

AAarcher221 NomDePlume: Jimmy Rustler

At this rate, I'm expecting C4 under every seat at my local theatre.

17. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Mark and Donnie need to do a big musical number during the credits.

18. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Nah, that would wreck the theater and prevent another showing of the movie. That would prevent Paramount from making a metric fuck ton of money. So expect skylights and rocket powered ejector seats.

19. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

No it's not. It's a catchy nickname that continues to roll off the tongue, and is used by people I know who don't care about Bay one way or another. The OP is not a Bay hater. He just used a catchy nickname.

Deal with it.

20. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've dealt with it but it doesn't make it any less true.