Mark Wahlberg on Jay Leno: We're Completely Rebooting Transformers.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Albershide, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Well you don't know my real name sooooo.... ;) 

Ok I can not gaurantee it but I am willing to bet on it.

This reboot/redirection is not the studio's idea it was Hasbro's idea. I'm not only expecting a whol enew group of bots but also a completely new look. If it is just new bots and old look then Hasbro just saved me another boatload of cash.

I look forawrd to a TF movie where I am enjoy the look of the bots and cons. Hopefully this is it.

2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

From the human standpoint, yeah, it probably is fair to say it's a 'reboot'. If Megatron, Starscream, & co stay dead it's probably also fair to call it a 'reboot'. If people are expecting something other than Bayformers, though, you're probably going to be pretty disappoint.

3. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Who cares?! It's Transformers and I'm gonna watch it.

5. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Someone's f-ing lying! :lolol 

6. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I assume they are weaving a delicate ballet of non-commitment. That way people who did like the trilogy aren't pissed the prior continuity is done and people who didn't aren't pissed that shit is still going.

7. king_of_forgoten

king_of_forgoten Active Member

If they wanted to go in a "New Direction" shouldn't they get a new director? Is it wrong that I want see the beginning of the war, it's escalation and have the third movie in the new trilogy end with them crash landing into Mt. Saint Hillary. or they can go from cyberton to the beast wars, or hell do Generation 2, straight from the comics.

8. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    Well, if you have new actors... and you've been putting out the same characters and movie models for four years... something's going to have to change. You simply can't sell the same toys for a fourth movie. It's going to be a reboot... at least in its look/characters/actors/models/toys.

9. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Reboot" is just a subjective adjective. It's Transformers 4. But, there is an all new human cast, and most likely a redesign of familiar bots, and all new bots. So, semi-reboot could be more accurate in my opinion. So why split hairs over this movie being called a reboot or not?

10. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

one of tfs said megatron find allspark and megatron turn earth in into new cybertron
    i see stuintcons and arielbots in this movie

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Reboot or not it will still be a representation of Michael Bay's character and so for that reason little will change.

If it is a reboot then Megatron will be not dead (but still ruined by the last movie) if it's not a reboot that raises issue too.

But then since I have no plans to see it I'm only really interested if it means yay or nay to a Movie Megatron toy. as I have no plans to watch the Movie until its on TV in 2016 or if I see a DVD at a car boot sale the events of the movie are only of passing interest with regard to how it effects the toyline that is based upon it.

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great now Bay will fire him and reshoot it all with someone else, it would be neat if he's supposed to be Spike in the new one.

Watch the final movie will totally be called Transformers 4 total Reboot or Transformers Rebooted.

Wow Alber that would have been terrific if that was the original movie not kidding.

13. Saurocon

Saurocon Uncle Samhain

I think this is a case where Wahlberg isn't using the word the same way fans would use it. We hear reboot, and think same characters in a different universe (more or less), but it seems likely from what we know so far that Wahlberg meant something like "new trilogy of Bayformers"--something like how the original TF movie "rebooted" G1 season 3, where it happens in the same universe but in another section of that universe with radically different situations. Reboot in the sense of Abram's Star Trek, perhaps.

14. Aeronnz

Aeronnz Back in action!

I think its more of a fresh start than a "reboot."

15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If it is a reboot I'm probably not going to watch it unless there are good toys.

16. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

rember megatron want turn earth in new cybertron like in key to vector simga mini saga

17. Bossguy

Bossguy Banned

Why don't they just take out the swearing, inappropriate humans? Make the transformers fight on cybertron, WITHOUT ANY HUMANS.

18. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I just saw Ted the other night if you replaced Ted with Bumblebee and people actually found out about the 8 year old having a talking car, like Knight Rider not knowing about the transforming part.

Introduced the Decepticons without anyone knowing about them.

Then replaced the pot/party scenes with Transforms missions/fights over the years in the picture scenes they showed to fill in between the years with Optimus holding up Decepticon faces like fish.

The love story between him and Kunis would have been a million times better than the original Transformers story, and you could have got AMrky Mark to take off his shirt a few times, this would have drawn in more females right here with a hidden decent chick flick in the movie as well.

Then meeting David Hasselhoff could have been who he went to see, after Bee scanned a building or something.

It had 2 crazy bosses, could omit Ted's job and make the creepy guy that wanted to steal Ted one of those people bots like the girl was in the second movie.

Man that's what Transformers should have been.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Reboot can mean almost anything from a "soft reboot" where there are only a few changes to "hard reboot" where almost everything changes. But even without a reboot you can still have drastically different films in a series like the Alien films or the difference between the first Harry Potter movie and the last Harry Potter movie.

Although I could see why parties connected to the movies would want some changes. Dark of the Moon toys didn't exactly leave retailers with a happy feeling toward Hasbro so Hasbro could really use a change in the look if they want to get Wal-Mart to order cases and cases of movie toys for each store. Dark of the Moon ticket sales in the US were down so Paramount might want something different if they don't have a decaying franchise on their hands.

Also I could see some need to save continuity if the movies had a deep story or complex characters, but nothing in the films seems worth any great effort to save.

The big roadblock to change seems like it would be Micheal Bay since he has not shown an ability to change since all his films are pretty much alike.

20. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's quite possible that between Wahlberg, Bay, and the general fandom, we may have 3 different ideas as to what a reboot means. (Bay may also be doing his "misinformation" fun as well)

We know that most, if not all, of the humans are not returning. This could be how it is a reboot, as in a refresh of characters.
    At the same time, we've heard the TFs are getting an update/change of some kind. Add to that the fact that most of them are dead, could lead to someone calling that a reboot.
    And then of course is what we generally call a reboot, a reset in plot and the start of a new narrative/continunity.

Utlimately, the fact that there is a "4" in the teaser logo makes me think it will be at least loosely linked to the previous films.