Mark Ryan and some tf vehicles to be on a sci-fi convention

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red Goblin, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I am issuing an open challenge: somebody please determine if Barricade's alt. mode actually does not have a single Decepticon logo on it anymore, or if it's just so stupidly tiny or hidden away that no photograph has yet captured it.

4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Nice. I hope we get to hear some TF news from there!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Damn. If my ex wasn't my ex I'd be living close enough to go to that.

Bah!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Is that the type of event that could possibly show a teaser trailer?

7. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've actually noticed this with most of the vehicles. So far I've yet to see an insignia on Hot Rod and Cogman. Same goes for "The Lady".

8. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    On a related note, does Drift also sport one?

9. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hot Rod, Cogman and "The Lady" are all cars that are on loan to Paramount and Bay. Therefor no emblems or other logos can be placed on the cars. Both Bee and Cross have the Autobot logos on their sides. GM will be doing an Autobot Corvette Stingray package like they did with the Bee Camaro Package in the past.

Barricade does not sport a Con logo that I could see from my 5 times on set and Drift doesn't seem to be sporting any logos either.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So are they just not gonna have an emblem while in vehicle mode in the movie? Or will they add the emblems on through cgi?

11. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware that fake license plates are not an option.

12. tonyformer

News Credits:
    They probably won't have emblems at all. It's not really that important as how many of us can actually see most of the TF emblems in the movies anyway? Lockdown wasn't technically part of a faction so no emblem, none or the KSI TFs had emblems. The Drift Bugatti didn't have a Bot emblem on it (because it was a loaner car). The AOE Crosshairs car didn't have an Emblem (at least that I'm aware of). Neither Swipe Concept cars ROTF/DOTM had emblems on them. The Dino Ferrari didn't either, but we know why there. Ferrari didn't even want Dino to use a gun lol. To be honest, I don't think the Sideways Audi or the Jazz car from TF1 had emblems either.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tonyformer

News Credits:
    What, you lost me there bud?

14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    An example:
    [​IMG]

Not a real license plate (got this from amazon or something via google images) but modern license plates always have some kind of image along with the number, and Alternators went to town with putting faction logos only on the plates. But not even being able to put icons on half these stupid cars really is kind of insulting just because Bay wants to play with more expensive shit. He learned nothing from the bullshit Ferrari pulled in DOTM.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But he always used to put faction symbols on them before.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    The majority of them, at least - actually can't confirm if Jazz even had one, the Solstice was not photographed that much nor featured in the film long enough to see one IIRC.

But the more Bay moved to using one-off supercars and outright prototypes that couldn't be replaced, the more they couldn't be even aesthetically altered to the point of part swapping in hoods or some shit. This only makes it more obvious when compared to the vehicles that can be visually altered as those outright have different paint jobs, outright kill scores, and otherwise properly blend being both unique and common...except Barricade. He did not need a body kit as designed by the appeal rating system of Need For Speed Underground 2 where higher ratings go to uglier cars.

17. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Ok I see now. Yeah I agree bud. The only ones that seem to have emblems are those that either GM owns, plans to make a (car package for), or on custom vehicles like the OP trucks and Hound trucks. I can see why none of he KSI vehicles had faction Emblems. They technically were not Con. But all the supper sports cars have not had emblems because as you point out, Bay wants fancy cars and as I've said, all are on loan so no super special custom paint jobs that completely alter the base look can be applied and no logos. IMO, I still think some special rims with center caps with emblems or a custom gas cap or decal that can easily be taken off, could be used. Look how easily they changed up Barricades slogan lol

18. tonyformer

News Credits:
    No not always. As I've pointed out. Jazz had no emblem (at least not on the outside), Sideswipe in both movies no emblem, Jolt no emblem, original Twins concept cars no emblems (even tho they had their names on their plates). The DOTM twins cars that were cut, however did have emblems on their center caps of the rims. My point is unless it's a vehicle that is a production vehicle and owned by GM or Bay and or a owned Custom vehicle like the Hide and Hound Trucks, OP trucks and Ratchet Hummer, all the others were Concept cars and or vehicles on loan so no emblems on any of them.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Except for the SR-71. They physically installed this panel on the front landing gear assembly - this is how Mikayla realizes Jetfire is a Decepticon right before he wakes up.
    [​IMG]

Or Mixmaster's hood ornament
    [​IMG]

Or Sentinel Prime (who was on loan as a production firetruck and later sent to serve as one at an airport after getting repainted)
    [​IMG]

and Bonecrusher's unrealistically evil and lengthened minesweeper arm (couldn't find a decent picture of the arm deployed but the vehicle was also on loan from the military)

None of these 'leased' vehicles being modified posed a problem even with the paint or psychical addition of mass, because generally they didn't interfere with the vehicles being functional (ironically due to the painstakingly small margin of error for the Blackbird, that panel would have screwed it up but it's a moot point as it didn't actually fly or ever leave the ground). But these stupid supercars are so idiotically fragile in their streamlining that even regular maintenance probably requires a whole racing pit crew - hell, they're sometimes too complex for their own good I.E. the Bugatti can not achieve max potential without destroying itself in the process, via generating enough friction heat to obliterate its own tires, and obviously it then loses control and crashes violently.

I.E. we will never, ever get that scene where Ironhide and the Dread collide head-on again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't mind a supper car here and there but I too wish they would use more practical cars that could be heavily added to and not cost an arm and a leg to upkeep. Why can't we have cars like Dodge chargers/Challenger? I'd love to see a con Stunticon Team that all start out as older 60s/70s model cars like an old Charger and Challenger, Hemi Cuda, and so on. And have them all upgrade later in the movie to newer models (custom models if need be). We see OP and Bee upgrade how many times now? I'd love to see some Cons do the same thing.