Mark Bagley Moves to DC

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Zzeezz, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Bagley/moves.html

Wow, this is big news to me. I've loved Bagley's work since his stint on Amazing Spiderman. I always respected the fact that he was consistant, and KEPT HIS FRICKIN' DEADLINES!

From what I've read he'd been treated like crap for several years (before USM, that is) by Marvel's decision makers. I hope he got a good deal with DC.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Marvel, you suck.

Not that I like the DCverse, but, fuckers! :mad: 

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't read much US-M, but I always liked what I saw of his pencils. I can't wait to see what he does in DC.

4. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'm a big fan of Mark's work and am excited for him. Hopefully while he's at DC, he can show the Kuberts and a few others a thing or two about punctuality.

I think he'd be perfect on Robin or Nightwing, but I'm definitely interested to hear about what he'll be doing.

5. BallaTron

BallaTron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm actually glad he is moving to DC,they are the superior company anyways.I for one would love for him to do a run on AMBUSH BUG or CRAZY CLOAK or perhaps an extreme crossover including both characters in a universe ruled by samurai Koi fish.BRILLANCE INDEED!
    TWO THUMBS UP MARK WELCOME TO DC THE HOUSE OF "REALZ" IDEAS!

6. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wasn't he taking over for Frank Cho on Mighty Avengers? Wonder who Marvel will replace the replacement with now?

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

While cho has been behind, expect Bagley to already have finished 4 to 8 issues. He was doing both Thunderbolts and Ultimate at the same time for awhile there. He also penciled the first 4 issues of the pulse while working on Ultimate as well.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:

You should -it's fantastic.
    Even the low points are good.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I would love it if Bagley ends up working on Blue Beetle. That would be a perfect book for him. Odds are, though, that they'll stick him on something higher profile.

10. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I hope they put him with a great writer, I would hate to see his talent go to waste.

11. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

From what I can tell, Quesada treats people like crap if they don't agree with him constantly. Not that he much cares if people even buy the comics, Marvel seems more concerned with movie revenues than anything else. As if you can read them... they've done so many goofy storylines designed to shake up the status quo, offing characters at random for no reason(Sentry tears Carnage apart because Bendis doesn't like him), that you can't even tell what's going on.

The status quo in comics is a good thing. People still like Superman and he's not changed much since the 40s. Funny really, when Quesada whines that Peter Parker should be a nerd and complains that he's married in the books. Answer? Kill off any character that gets int he way and make Peter a lonely nerd who lives with Aunt May again.

And even when Marvel does a change for the better(May's original death), they have to undo it in some goofy manner(wasn't really her who died... or was it? No one knows).

Marvel needs a Crisis of their own to reset things. Ultimate did no good, that was just another continuity to screw up.

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I was thinking Booster Gold. It's not a matter of what people would love to se ehim work on bu twhat his style would be best suited with. He has that straight up comic look to everything which is a mid point between Alex Ross and Michael Turner. Eveyrhting just looks cartoon ralistic.

I'd expect to see him on a fun book. Not a Batman or Nightwing. But maybe Superman or Wonder Woman. But personally, I say again, Booster Gold.

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I kinda wish Bagley would draw Teen Titans, but I think he's more suited for books about one character so Green Arrow or the Flash for me.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    And that's why I'm think Blue Beetle. Jaime looks kinda similar to Spider-Man and the tone is similar to USM. It would be a fantastic fit for Bagley.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

See thats exactly the reason I don't think he should draw that book lol. Too much like Spidey...

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's a great artist. I'm sure like Jim Lee on Superman and Batman, he'll breathe new life into whatever he's put on, visually if nothing more.

17. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I vote for Flash. I can't handle the style since the relaunch with Wally & the kids.