Mario Party 8

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by eatwood, Jun 9, 2007.

1. eatwood

eatwood Well-Known Member

Any body got Mario Party 8?

Is it good? Worth getting? I read IGN's review and it didn't do so well.
    Please let me know.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I like it. the games using the wiimote are fun. the boards are different. I think IGN's biggest complaint is that A)there's still only a small number of boards, B) not an increase in cast size, and C)the music is not high def.

3. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Most of the faults that reviewers seemed to have with it were that it was too similar to earlier MP games, but since I didn't play those I really like MP 8. Definitely a fun time if you have 4 people around, even good with 2 (even if the computer cheats like hell),

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    One complaint that I noticed was that the implementation of the controls seemed like an after thought. A few were fun with the remote, but some seemed like a clunky chore. I found that with Super Monkey Ball. I love the franchise, but I hated it on the Wii, right down to the menu.

5. PavingMantis

PavingMantis I have pincers...PINCERS!

It was pretty decent. I rented it for about a week and pretty much got my fill of it with my friends. I suggest trying that and if your still wanting to play it purchase it then, but def. give it a rent.

6. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

Its a Mario Party game, infact number 8. Wii controls don't even save this game. Rayman and Warioware are way better.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you don't have it, go out and buy WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

If you have that, well, save $50.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

never played MP1-7 so this was a good game....the only thing i hate is the computer is way to smart on the board (even on the easy mode), they seem to be in the right spots to get that star or have the correct amount of step from the dice roll...

and i never bought this game, my brother did....

9. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

My brother bought it and I played it one day. I really liked it but I didn't play it for long. And I'm still pissed that way back when Mario Party 3 came out, they ditched the old minigames (Crazy Cutter, Face Lift and Shy Guy Says FOREVER!...OK, I'm done).
    But my brother's roommate talked about a way you can make any Mario Party a hell of a lot funner; every time someone else gets to a star, physically dive at them and try to get them to select "No".
    Anywho, it's good but I wouldn't expect anything exceptional from it. I'd say it's worth the buy.