Mario Kart 64 Coming to VC next week!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by misterd, Jan 23, 2007.

1. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Fuck yeah! Its about time! Ive been wanting this game since the N64 days! Sadly, I never bought it. :(  Hopefully I can get a friend of mine to come over and we can play some multiplater too! :D 

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    It's about time!

I don't have a wii, but everybody deserves to play that game.

4. misterd

I played it to death. Unlocked just about everything that was unlockable. The game cheats like a motherf*cker, but for pure fun it's hard to beat.

Speaking of, I wonder if they could do Diddy Kong Racing? On the whole I loved it. It's races were a tad less fun than MK64, but it also had more variety and more depth.

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I played my friend's copy to death, but sadly he sold it. >.<

Also, I played just a little bit of Diddy Kong Racing. Didnt enjoy it too much. But I would be willing to give it another go if it were released on the VC.

6. misterd

As I recall (it's been nearly a decade), DKR took some time to get into. You have to put a couple of hours into it to really appreciate it.

Weirdest thing in retrospect is that it features the debut of Conker. Kind of makes me wish that a VC release would be able to go back and dub in some dialogue.

7. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Diddy Kong Racing will be coming out on DS in a couple weeks. they removed Banjo and Conker (since they're still owned by Rare) and dropped in some more Random Kongs from other DK County games.

8. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

Darn it! I used up most of the rest of my points this week getting SNES Zelda! AH!!! Oh well. I'll have to find me some more points.

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    YYYEEEESSSS!!!!! THIS is one of the reasons why I bought a Wii! I was expceting Nintendo to release their back catalog of older game and with the recent release of Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past and now N64's Mario Kart I'm VERY happy. I HOPE they release Ocarina of Time and other hit N64 games, as well as hit games for the Genesis and SNES, NES (Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3) and the TurboGrafix16!

I have a co-worker at work that said all Nintendo has to do to convince him to buy the game is to release Goldeneye. But, that appears doubtful after Nintendos and Rares bad breakup. :-(

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Not to mention the expiration of the James Bond license, which is now held by EA, I think. The game is pretty much screwed on all fronts.

But Nintendo and Rare's breakup wasn't "bad". Rare did some work for Nintendo even after being purchased by Microsoft, and can continue to do so as long as it's a portable game and Microsoft doesn't have a portable game console.

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Damn, Im gonna have to cave and get a £15 Wii points card now, those 2000 points'll get me MarioKart + Supermario 64.

Do I need a 'classic' controller to play the downloaded games?

12. Laquah

Laquah Wanna be a Canadian Idiot TFW2005 Supporter

Wow.
    One step closer to buying a Wii.

MK64 is the main reason I kept my old 64 console

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Reggie Fils-Aime said a while back that they were going to do everything in their power to get Goldeneye onto their VC... It was a long shot, but he loved the game a ton and really wanted to make it happen. so cross your fingers eyes and toes.

14. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HELL YES! :lol 

15. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I'm waiting to see DK64 personally. But it's nice to see more games released on the N64 front.

16. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Activision holds the Bond License now. Nintendo has said theyre willing to work with Activision and Rare to get Goldeneye onto the VC, which could possibly happen but I'd expect a bigger price since more people would be getting a cut of the sales.

Personally I hate Mario Kart 64. Its fun with friends but in our adult lives its hard to get any of us together in one place. So playing the bastard ass AI (Nintendo really needs to learn how to program AI for all of their games) just isn't what I consider fun.

17. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mario Kart DS will do just fine, and if I REALLY need a Mario Kart 64 fix, I'll just bust out the 64 then.

1000 points saved!

18. misterd

I would think, aside from cutting the profits, the actual cost to Nintendo would be relatively low, so they wouldn't need to charge much to make a profit. Moreover, I think putting Goldeneye on the VC would have great potential to attract more business, so they could treat it as a loss leader, taking small losses with the awareness that they are enlarging the community and will make more money as a result in the long run.

Perhaps with Rare (who could only benefit by GE's release on the VC), they could come to an arrangement that would include not just GE but some of the other great Rare games, like Banjo and Blast Corps. After all, a VC release of the Banjo series should be great advertising for the upcoming third installment. Seems like a win-win arrangement to me.

19. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Definate purchase when I get my Wii, I something to get rid of the searing pain left by Double Dash.

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Well, here's hoping. But since Microsoft owns Rare, and the VC is competing with Xbox Live Arcade... yeah, I'm still not sure the odds are great.