March 2018 Takara-Tomy toy release information - more Siege Decepticons

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

The spaceship bridge folds into the legs, and it looks like you can lower them into that same area for use as a larger handle.

I'm interested in attemping a tank mode with the legs as psuedo-treads. Wish I had one of these in-hand right now.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

3. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    I think would be safe to assume that the unarmored leaders will be between voyager and deluxe like the POTP unevolved figuers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

Wow, DESERT EAGLE MEGATRON...THIRD PARTY PEOPLE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! You are brilliant sir!

• Like Like x 2
  5. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

A few of the poses that Tomy went with remind me of '90s juice box commercials...

"New Extreme Energon Juiceboxes give you the boost of energy to crush your day!..."

EXTREEEEEEEME!
    [​IMG]

RAAAAAAAAAADICAL!

[​IMG]

"Find them at your local grocer!"

... if only they were in G2 colors, it'd be perfect.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'll buy a Sideways, a good Demolisher and Thrust in the blink of an eye.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Does Trypticon Have mounting points in the same areas that the G1 Version had for Brunt?

8. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

A few bits might be able to be plugged in to their correct spots, but most of them are already taken up by pieces of Trypticon, or don't have 5mm peg holes.
    It's most certainly possible to use Brunt to bulk up Tryticon's city mode, though not in the same way as the G1 toys could.

9. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

No, it really wouldn't. The POTP leaders had 'armor' that the figures folded up and slotted into. Siege leaders have armor that either encases the figure or gives them a super mode. (From what we've seen) If they were anything less than voyager size they would be tiny in armored mode

10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sort of. In the below picture, there are 8 white pegs* in 5 mm ports (technically, three of them are not circular ports, but the pegs fit in easily enough, and since he's symmetric there'd be 16 total ports): 2 on the white tower, 3 on the fold-out panel at the waist (two rotate down with the panel, the one in the middle does not), 1 near the purple ramp (on the tail near the green translucent piece), 1 on the bottom of the foot, and 1 in the center of the purple translucent part on the leg. If the waist piece is folded down, the two posts on it would be located where Brunt's front pieces go on the G1 toy. The two open holes on the back of base mode (where the two centerline pieces of G1 Brunt would go) are not 5 mm (or 6 mm, I think), but a simple adapter could work be made in Shapeways or otherwise to put a couple pieces of Brunt there.

On the purple piece Full-Tilt connects to, there is a 5 mm peg, but it's tucked in under the little blaster looking piece so it may not work well as an attachment point for the cannon.

20181010_173314.jpg

*Courtesy of the DNA Metroplex feet kit

• Like Like x 2
  11. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    According to Hasbro Ultra Magnus is 8 inches tall to the top of his "tall shoulder" for reference CW Magnus is 11 inches tall to the top of his shoulder tower.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 3+1 Team

3+1 Team Well-Known Member

This whole goddamned line just makes me so angry. All the toys look fantastic, and every single one bigger than a Legends class is just utterly ruined for me by hideous weathering and scratches. "Oh boy! I can't wait to play with my cool robots that look like they were chewed on by a dog and then buried in the yard for a month!" 90% of the line is a write-off for me because I'm too stupid and uncoordinated to paint/remove paint.

Is it really 100% confirmed that these are absolutely, definitively what the toys are going to look like on shelves? There's no possibility of fan feedback leading Hasbro to nix the weathering effects on the final products? I'd like to at least pretend to have hope that maybe things won't turn out like this...

• Like Like x 2
  13. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    I feel compelled to say that I hope the Hound mold gets a more interesting repaint than Swindle.
    No offense to Swindle fans, but we just got both in CW, and I'm pleased with that pair already,
    and the Hound mold looks pretty dope, so I would like to see some other Jeep-ish character get some love.
    Maybe even an Energon Ironhide/Roadbuster would be cool.

In fact, since they're going with such a blandly orthodox main cast this time,
    I hope we get some wild repaints--I thought TR did a pretty good job in that department,
    what with Krok and also somewhat lesser-known guys like Quake.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Maybe Scorch, as an homage to the Botcon repaint of Universe Hound? This line has a few molds that would be great for the Turbomasters.

• Like Like x 2
  15. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

I am interested to see how the paint turns out. I wouldn't want to collect some with battle damage paint and then they decide to drop the paint as a second run or in acts 2 and 3 of the trilogy.

Consistency is key here for me.

16. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I leek like that’s the appeal of this line. That they’ve been through war and it shows, but I feel you. I like my ‘Formers looking new. One thing that may be an issue for me is the wicked drybrushing they had when debuted will be weak when released

17. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I think it'll look great in person.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for Crankcase from Hound
    images.jpeg
    transformers-g1-0639_1191632792.jpg af99942b8536fe55597964f5ad837958.jpg 1539137950-takara-tomy-siege-hound-02.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Really? Their robot modes are nothing alike IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  20. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

The initial pictures of the Autobots had much stronger weathering paint apps than the later (maybe final) versions we saw. I'm assuming the same will hold true for the Deceptions. Hopefully that will make the paint removal easier. Rubbing alcohol FTW! I personally like the weathering, but I know a lot of people really don't. Hopefully it isn't too tough to remove for you guys.

• Like Like x 1