MapleStory grinding

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by domientius, Dec 16, 2007.

1. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I play 3 characters on MapleStory. My namesake bowman, a thief started some time ago and a new magician. A slightly older reference of the 3-

[​IMG]

The bowman's transparent hat cash shop accessory expired. I'd been using it to cover up the awful hat I have- good stats but ugly to look at. Cash shop bought clothes expire after 90 days. But instead of buy a new one, I decided to grind to 3rd job(level 70). I hit level 69 this morning.

The thief hasn't been used much lately. Just swapped out some item equips.

The mage... I went with a female mage as all the good Mythos names had been taken, so I looked through the list and found a couple female entities in the Mythos... Lovecraft only clearly ID'd 2 females I think, Shub-Niggurath(which I don't think passed the swear filter if you can see why) and Pth'thya-lya, the female Deep One mentioned in The Shadow Over Innsmouth. Good enough. And yes, I did try Cthylla even though it was a post-Lovecraft name. Taken.

I'd been sitting on a $10 Nexon cash card which I'd not got around to redeeming. Finally did, bought the 90 day free market store permit(basically an essential item to making ANY money in this game) and blew the leftover. VIP hair for the mage(my choice of hair) and a regular eye color coupon(random color). The default character options we get are fairly sparse(3 skin colors, 3 hair styles, etc) and we get 1 starter eye color. I'd done this with my bowman some time back too(hair style and color VIP, random eye) . There is a random hair style option which is cheaper, but it's worth the extra to get a hair style that doesn't look like crap. I'm more open to these options as the changes are permanent- no expiring after 90 days like the clothes.

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wanted to try this out but I don't have windows. Oh well.

3. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Congrats on level 70! My main is still 40. :( 

4. domientius

Part of my luck came from Nexon bringing back the fake boss monsters from the summer event. Killing Alishar clones for 1590 EXP apiece, and changing channels to kill them again in the same room adds up the percentage in a hurry.

Though it's also the weekend so more people are online. And with Christmas break coming up, all the schoolkids will be online more for the next 2 weeks. So competition for the good training spots is gonna be bad.

5. 333HE

Amen to that. I used to play alot in the early mornings, when the kiddies weren't on. BTW, what server do you play on?

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I used to play in Scania (ShadowDagwon and CaptainBLOO) but quit because of too many losers. And Nexon made a couple dozen bad decisions in a row that pissed me off. (that one NX-only patch, f'ed up swear filters, MapleTV... That time period)

I didn't have a problem with the game, but I did with the community. Scammers, spammers, hackers... Yeah...

I ended up selling my account to my friend (that would bend over backwards for Nexon) for $50. I think he got 80 mil, a few rare things, plus my characters.

7. domientius

They have the new world changer item, but at $25 per character it's not worth doing it.

I play Bellocan which isn't that populated yet but there are a lot of real jackoffs on that server.

8. 333HE

Aww. That's too bad; I play on Bera. I'm old school. :p 

9. 333HE

I remember the filter issues. It was so bad you couldn't even have a conversation. They've since fixed it to some extent--I remember one of my buddies wrote a complaint to Nexon. I wonder how many others did, too. The thing that really annoyed me (thankfully, I was not affected) was the 2 day rollback they had. Everything that was gainedi nthe last two days was deleted-levels, exp, items, mesos...all they gave us was 2x exp cards. I got two, one of which didn't automatically kick in (they were suppoed to).

It seemed Wizet took better care of us...

10. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I ended up using the filter issue to manipulate some of my other friends to quit with me (Christmas and Japan were censored... Wtf? <- my friends love Japan)

My friend (that I sold the account to) told me about the 2-day rollback. I just laughed.

I'm pretty sure I'm the most old-school, being established in Scania (well, I was... My friend just happens to be a 30% scroll freak)

ShadowDagwon (assassin) was 63 when I stopped playing (mostly because of the whole "glitch PQ" thing... 1. I don't PQ, 2. I save my money, so of course I'm not gonna hit very high, but it works)

CaptainBLOO (crossbowman) was 54 (53? I know it wasn't 55) when I quit (my final main)... I was happy with it, but like I said... Nexon screwed things up bad enough to make me get the hell out of there. Crossbowmen are pretty fun, if you haven't tried one already.

EDIT: domientius, try training at the skeletons off of Perion (if you haven't already). Same exp as Zombies, less health, more ranged spots. Camp II was pretty good. I remember spending a lot of time there. But I never got drops.

11. 333HE

I've got a dit, a mage, and a bowman. I'm going to make the bowman into a crossbowman...

12. spacelion

spacelion smokin' hot

i remember using poison mist on vikings last year.

though i must regret selling my account ever since 4th job appeared, but i just cant be bothered now.

13. domientius

[​IMG]

Domientius - Third Job Ranger, reached Lv70 night of December 19th, accomplished 3rd job advancement early December 20th.

14. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I had at one point in time a Lvl 80 Strength Bandit on the Scania Server. I think I has something like 30 mill and a ton of rare throwing stars. Then one day all my friends quit maple for WoW and I went with them.

Then I quit WoW 2 months after.....

15. domientius

Ooh, neat. Found it over at Sleepywood. Real time MS character info sig.

16. 333HE

Woo! I'ma pick one of those up...

17. 333HE

Wait, where is it? It's Sleepywood.net, right? I didn't see it. :( 

18. domientius

This is the code, where you stick in your own character name in lowercase-

http://www.henesys.com/rank/domientius.gif

displays

[​IMG]