Maple Story... anyone playing this?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Lupis Convoy, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just wondering.. I stumbled across it and got hooked, and wondered if anyone else is playing this at all....

Maple Story Global Access

Seems pretty fun, and mostly free.. unless you want to mod your character a lot...
    I've been playing for the past two days and I'm hooked. :) 

So does anyone have any experience with this game at all? I'd like to learn more about it from peeps that have played it, and I value the 2005 boarders views highly. :) 

2. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

A guy down the hall from me was playing it last night. It looked kinda nice.

3. bme™

bme™ Well-Known Member

I have been playing it a long time. I played the Beta version in early 2005. I'm on the scania server. Just recently I started raising a warrior.

Well, there's a glitch. If you have a bowmen or magician, and if you jump and attack at the same time, your character will jump and do an attack. So, you could walk away from a monster, turn around and jump and be attacking while moving away. It comes in handy!

4. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet! Great to know BME.. I just started a Magician, and I have another newbie character I'm going to try to groom as a Thief.... Having a hard time with fighting since I'm trying to keep my STR stat low and my Luck up... Should I jsut increase the STR on both characters anyway?

5. bme™

bme™ Well-Known Member

Well, this is how stats work: Intelligence affects how much damage magician skills will do, their accuracy, and defense against enemy magic attacks.

Strength affects how much damage the normal attack does, or much damage warrior skills do.

Dex affects the accuracy of every class but magician. Dex also affects the avoidability of warriors and bowmen.

Luk affects the damage of thief skills, and also affects their avoidability and magician avoidability too.

Also, warriors have a skill called improve hp increase. You'll want to max that ASAP. It affects how much hp you gain per level up. If you don't you'll have pidly hp. Magicians have a similar skill for mp. Take the same advice!

6. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet.. thanks BME.

So should I keep up with the STR increased while I'm still under lvl 10? None of the characters are going to be warriors.

7. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

The fanboys on Gamefaqs scared me away from that game.

8. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most Fanboys on any gamefaqs board scare me....

9. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i played a lot for awhile. Its a fun game and all, but i honestly got burnt out on it fast.

This is probably the millionth mmo i've played though so thats probably why i got burnt out so easily.

10. Rokkit 2.0

Rokkit 2.0 Nay, we are but men.

Gets old quick. I mean most MMORPGs rely on the 'grind to level up' motivation...but man. MS looks real pretty, but it just couldn't hold my attention for long.

11. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

It's a fun game, but a little frenetic.