Map Load Error

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Stune, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is this more of High Moon's ridiculous "It was the way it was designed" bs or is there a way to fix this error that shows up every time I hit "Conquest" to find a game. I really don't want to pay 10 dollars for two character skins and a few maps to Continue playing a game properly that I paid six times as much for.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    It SHOULD only do that for if the game you're trying to get into is one of the new DLC maps that you haven't paid for. Otherwise, you should be able to get into every match-- regardless of whether other players are using DLC characters you haven't paid for yourself.

If that's not the situation, then I don't know what to tell ya.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    EDIT: Stupid multipost server-hiccup...

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I had this problem a lot tonight too. The game picks the match to put us in, we don't get a choice. It will say "finding game" and then "joining game" and then the load screen comes up. But instead of starting a game, we get kicked back to the main menu saying "map load error: you do not have that map". It's quite frustrating.

The game should be set up so that if the map being used in game is one I do not have, it will not try to "join" it. That should be the first thing the game checks for. Map availability, then open slots.

5. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's a good point, maybe the crap service is intentional for those that don't buy DLC

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Yes, the maps are about $10 more, but how many hours of fun are you going to have for that $10? I can't think of anywhere else you could go and have that many hours of fun for $10. If you're not willing to shell out for the DLC then you have to go into it with the understanding that you're going to get booted when the new stuff comes up. Insane Galvatron gets a pass because his system was trying to have him join a game that was using a map he didn't have. That's a glitch that needs to be fixed. But those that complain that they get booted for not having the map need to just buck Buttercup and deal with it. If everyone who doesn't have it would get booted and leave the rest of us that paid for it keep playing we'd eventually wind up with games where those who have it are playing together and those who don't are playing together (barring things like time out issues or what not). The next time I find myself in a game where the new map gets vetoed, I'LL leave and find one that won't.
    /rant.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I don't think the OP was complaining about having to veto a map he didn't have in a game he was in. That typically doesn't give that error. I'm pretty sure he was talking about the same thing I was. And it doesn't happen to just me. My friend has the first DLC, but not the second and he had the same problem. He would click "find game" and it would try to join him to a game with a map he didn't have.

8. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

What they should do is have separate DLC-enabled and DLC-disabled playlists. Evidently enough people play with the DLC that this problem comes up often, but at the same time, plenty of people apparently play without the DLC--enough that if one of those maps comes up on the lobby screen it will pretty consistently get vetoed.

9. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Yeah, I probably posted that rant in the wrong thread, I read this after the "Why don't people want to play the new maps?" thread. Either way, HM needs to correct this glitch.