Map Analysis and Briefing

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by IceWilly, Jun 23, 2010.

1. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

May 5, 2003
    So it's becoming clear to me that map knowledge is equally if not more important than point and shoot prowess. This really isn't a surprise for me, but the overshields especially are really important. Think Quake Red Armor/mega health. So that said, I went into every map and here is what I've found. No using this against me in game, only against the outsiders!

If people provide pictures or diagrams I can and will update this post.

In alpha order....

Type - Square symmetric (2 axis)
    Size - Medium
    Health packs(4)/shield(1) - 1 outside of each base. 1 along sides. Shield in center, top level
    CTF - Each end is the bases in capture the flag, 2 entrances on either side of the bases. Outer entrances loop around and above the flag.
    Conquest - Looking out from the bases the nodes for Conquest are on the right exit. Node C has close health pack making B/C the best 2 to hold.
    Choke/Strategy - n/a

Type - Symmetric about 1 axis
    Size - small
    Health packs(8)/Shield(2) - 1 by nodes, 1 in lower entrance, 1 in back at top of ramp, 1 by front entrance. shield on left side when exiting bases on gangway
    CTF - approach from side gangways, you get shield plus flank.
    Conquest - snipe middle from windows.
    Choke/Strategy - Most will congregate to the center. upper platforms good for covering with health packs not far away. can double jump from platform into node room as well.
    * Lots of energon packs on this map, if you can't find one when you need it you need to learn the map better.

Type - Grossly non symmetric
    Size - Large
    Health packs(6)/Shield(2) - 1 Health pack inside bases, 1 in side base entrance. 1 by side entrance to center choke. Overshields located in right side tunnels when exiting from either base on the right.
    CTF - right side approaches best as you come in from high or behind.
    Conquest - A/B easiest to hold. Shortest distance and do not have to cross through choke.
    Choke/Strategy - All on same plane except tunnels with overshield. Planes must fly low to get through center/tunnels.

Orbital Debris
    Type - Symmetric 1 axis
    Size - Large
    Health packs(3?)/Shield(1) - Health/ammo down the hole as you exit each base. 1 Health pack in the tunnel gangway in the center near node 3. Shield on opposite side wreckage with ammo
    CTF - Pretty wide open, although only 1 side entrance to each base from the ground.
    Conquest - Underground nodes not to far from health/ammo. Not much cover to defend from inside the ring. Shockwave would work well to clear B and knock people off the map. Lots of places above for scientists to snipe.
    Choke/Strategy - top middle seems like a death trap, not hard to approach from below once you know the layout.

Type - non symmetric
    Size - Large and complex
    Health packs(8)/Shield() - 2 In each base, 1 towards middle. 1 above C, one below. Overshield on gangway next to A
    CTF - Many entrances to each base. Good back door to autobots, only 2nd entrance to decepticon base from above
    Conquest - A/C best to hold. All nodes up on platforms, know how to get up to them and what health packs are handy.
    Choke/Strategy - Get up top and stay up top. Know the health packs. You can double jump into C nodes window.

Molten *Demo map*
    Type - 1 axis symmetric
    Size - Medium
    Health packs(12)/Shield(1) - 1 inside each base, hell all over the place. Overshield in lower center.
    CTF - approach/exit up the ramp or to the right from the bases. best cover.
    Conquest - mine up entrance from mid, kill the dummies there. Easy to heal up constantly.

Type - Symmetric
    Size - Small
    Health packs(7)/Shield() - 1 in lower base, one at top of ramp, one in long ramp towards Mid. one above C
    CTF -
    Conquest - Take long ramp towards C or stay on low ground to bypass the handy health packs.

Seed of corruption
    Type - non symmetric
    Size - Large
    Health packs(12)/Shield(1) - 1 in base, 1 in side entrance, 1 outside main door close, 1 on outer platform, 2 by mid. shield up
    CTF -
    Conquest - approach from sides in A/C. B guard from in site with 2 health packs, or above with shield.
    Choke/Strategy - Soooo many health packs. Don't be a scrub and attack from the main level, so many better options. 2 rooms on either side, soundwaves control room and a solar system room are both options depending on what faction you are.

Basic gist is... if you are on a bigger map there are so many health packs you should never need to not have full life for every fight you get in to.

More to come as I discover it