many pics from latest hobby magazines

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Jul 21, 2006.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's no mention of the girls' ages. And does it really matter? They can put whatever numbers they want, and of course they don't make it illegal.

*eidted to clarify*

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    To some of us, yes, it does matter. But whatever.

3. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Yep, whatever.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    In the thread that I locked a few days ago, there was mention of the characters all being over the age limit and so on...

5. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Or you could display the Transformer, junking the pointless extra or leaving it in the box?

Yup. Anyone here?

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would really like some clear insight into how the Japanese fan community is reacting to this. Since they're the target market, if they're feeling the same way the majority of us seem to be about this product (i.e. mystified), I wonder if TT might be responsive to that... and potentially make changes in the direction of this line.

7. SydneyY

News Credits:
    I can read what's said, just can't be bothered translating.

I don't know every Japanese TF fans or read every Japanese TF message boards, and like western fandom there's no consensus in Japanese fandom.

Basically many people are angry because they'll end up paying extra money for a repaint of ALT Prime.
    No diecast in the Convoy figure, then there's a PVC figure and a CD no one really cares to have.

Fans are happy Tessho Genda (who voiced G1 Convoy) appears in the drama CD, though.

The concept of KissPlay is not popular, but it's because the idea is "stupid".
    Those images which cause such discomfort among many western fans are kind of normal in Japan, as many of you know. Stupid, but not offensive.

I actually mentioned those debates here Yuki Oshima's images caused to a couple of Japanese fans (both young men, in their twenties) and they thought it was "overreaction".
    They both don't like KissPlay concept, but it's not like that, apparently.

Whatever the Japanese fans' feeling towards KissPlay, many of they will buy the toys because they want new TFs.
    And if the toys sell and TakTom make some extra profit because of the stuff they put in the set, why do they have to stop?

I am hoping TakTom takes notice, though.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember a listing for a Marissa/Convoy set in the same "Larger girl PVC, WST-scale robot" format as Atari/Autotrooper. I wonder if there's plans for a 'standard' TF Kiss set for Autotrooper using a repaint/remold of the Meister mold?

(for the sake of avoiding the more controversial thread aspects :)  )