Manga for Takara LGEX Exclusive Titan Master set.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Novaburnhilde, Feb 17, 2017.

1. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not a fan of these comics on the whole, but I was happy to see the rebirth headmasters again. Even though I prefer the Japanese version much more

2. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I always enjoy seeing Sakamoto's Legends manga. I hope it continues into whatever line TakaraTomy comes up with after Legends eventually ends.

Thanks for sharing, Nova.

1. How do you know Cab is still 13 years old in this manga?
    2. It's not real and therefore affects no one; get over it.
    3. It's okay if you don't like it, but stop telling everyone else that they must hate it.
    4. You're allowed to not understand cultural differences, but that doesn't mean your culture is the "right" one. Don't be so judgmental of other cultures.

How is it not okay?

It's not really sexualisation anyway, since it's just Cab in a maid outfit, but okay, let's indulge your fantasy and address your "issue".

This doesn't feature any real children, nor does Cab even look like a realistic child. Therefore, this does not affect any real children, as sexualising a real 13-year-old would. However, the "sexualisation" of teens and even some preteens in Japan is typically a cultural difference that western audiences don't understand and therefore we shouldn't judge it negatively if we can't accept it, but again, that does not mean we have to embrace it or even like it.

Fiction is just that: it isn't real. Fiction is also covered by freedom of speech. Whether or not you find it abhorrent should not and indeed does not dictate whether or not it is allowed to exist. By its very definition, fiction is not real and is an expression of ideas, whether based on reality partially, wholly or not at all, and thus is allowed to be freely expressed.

If you think Cab in a maid outfit with his underwear revealed as a gag shouldn't be allowed, then you are quite simply against free speech. Freedom of speech means that you are indeed allowed to be against freedom of speech, ironically, but that in on of itself creates somewhat of a paradox. To keep it simple: freedom of speech is a right, and adding clauses or caveats to such a thing defeats the entire purpose of free speech.

TL;DR you're free to dislike this, but don't take offence to it on behalf of humanity.

• Like Like x 9
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Is Flywheel's hat a reference to something?

4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, did I say something wrong? The fact that one might want to censor such a thing simply means they're against free speech. Freedom of speech is just that - there are no limitations. You can't impose some limitations but not others, just to appease your moral sensibilities. Pray tell, though, what is so horrendously wrong with my logic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I don't think that's the pathetic thing in this situation.

7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I really don't have a dog in this hunt...But I should point out there are limits to freedom of speech. This very board has limits to free speech.

Okay, time to fade back into the bushes...

8. Tenion the Offender

Tenion the Offender Banned

Okay, we managed to get to this point again.
    How beautiful this situation is.
    _______
    Judging by posts above, the girl/whatever it is on the picture is not 13 years old, so nothing wrong with it. Calm down, comrades.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

These comics are for the Japanese audience, and they couldn't care less if you're offended by it or not.

• Like Like x 7
  10. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I agree. The pathetic thing is telling people what they should and shouldn't find offensive based on your own moral sensibilities rather than letting people say and think what they want, because policing people like a nanny state has never worked well, nor will it ever work well.

Consider what you have to say before yelling at people about how something you find objectionable that someone else does not find objectionable is wrong and horrible.

This board has rules which you abide by, and which you agree to abide by in order to keep civil. Freedom of speech means you can say whatever you want. That doesn't mean you can't get punished for it. I could go post something extremely hateful and derogatory in the news section right now, but I would be banned for it because I broke the rules. That doesn't mean I cannot say it - I can, and am free to do so, provided I am willing to deal with the consequences.

That's the thing with free speech - there are no limits, but one tends to filter themselves to avoid unnecessary consequences. You can say anything, but that doesn't mean you necessarily should say anything.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    And why the fuck would a gag about a 13 year old boy dressed in a fetishised costume and getting their underwear flashed not go in the shouldn't section?

The Freedom of Speech argument is absolutely BS. There's lines that shouldn't be crossed and a 13 year old being drawn as fetish fuel, fiction or not, definitely crossed that line.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Because there is no "shouldn't section" or line to cross upon which freedom of speech isn't allowed to be exist. Re-read what I wrote. I made it pretty clear that things you shouldn't say or express are things you don't want to deal with the consequences of it they're negative.

In this case, the only negative consequence is that people like you have a tizzy about it because "ZOMG THEY SEXUALISED CAB". It's a tiny, TINY little panel with Cab - of an undetermined age (this is a different continuity to Masterforce so you cannot argue his age is 13 years old based on that) - that is a gag. Fetish fuel? Are you serious? Can't you just have a laugh or even a chuckle like a regular person? Heck, this might come as a shock to you but you don't have to like it. Also shocking might be the fact that other people can like something which you do not.

The only "absolutely BS" argument here is yours. If you can even call it an argument. I sure wouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The fact there are consequences to your speech doesn't mean it's free. Consequences are the price you pay for what you say.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Nonsense. Freedom of speech means exactly that: you are free to say whatever you want. That doesn't mean it can't have consequences.

You are essentially saying that if I were to fill a glass with rain water, that said water isn't free because it "costs" me time to obtain that water. But the water was still obtained for free. The trade-off is you spent time to do it. If you value your time monetarily, maybe you see it as a cost, but at the end of the day, you got that water for free. If you are going to apply the time taken as a cost, then nothing is free, including breathing or even existing, and I think we can both agree that such a thing is ridiculous to claim.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Welcome to adulthood.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one posted the other pages:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Hey, if you like kids being sexualized then more power to yo...

... I can't even finish that line.

1. Okay, he might be 14 years old at this point... better?
    2. Yeah right.
    3. Never said that everyone should hate it, you're putting words in my mouth.
    4. ... ARE YOU SERIOUS?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    This is the Cab from the Masterforce cartoon, having travelled into the Legends universe (along with all the other Masterforce kids) in the year 2021.

Masterforce is "years" after Headmasters' 2011 setting, so the absolute oldest Cab can be here is 21.

And it's kind of besides the point, because there's no effort to make him look any older than he did at 13.

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well...that Tai shot is gonna add fuel to the fire. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nice, it's a Rebirth/Headmasters crossover on the page 2, and I see a comments about Cab's gender, but let know that he is a Karin prince also a form the head of he's robot that also looks like Hosehead. Minerva is the girl of the Autobot Headmaster Juniors.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1