Mandingo Rex's B/S/T thread

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by mandingo_rex, Sep 10, 2016.

1. mandingo_rex

mandingo_rex ★★★★★

I had a bunch of stuff stolen recently from a storage unit, so all I have left is listed below. Apologies to anyone who contacted me about stuff. It's no longer available.

I've been fairly active on several GI Joe boards and off-and-on here, but don't have a feedback page as I've never sold any TFs till now. I do have eBay and HissTank/Fighting118th feedback under the same accounts (variations of "mandingo rex" or "mandingo_rex") Members like G.I. Eddie can vouch for me, if you need someone to check on reliability.

FansToys Quakewave - First run, dark purple? - Best Offer
    I haven't kept up with the in-demand nature of this figure, so I have no idea what the release scarcity or going rate is aside from eBay pricing. No crazy low offers, please, but looking to clear out some extras since I have the official Takara one now. He's a great figure, no damage to my knowledge. I have the "replacement" extra hands and new forearm installed on him with the fixed hose attachment. I'll include the original arm parts, too. I have a mini-Shockwave somewhere I'll dig out and include too, if you want that included, too.

iGEAR CONEHEADS - $200/each OBO
    I have all 3 of the iGear coneheads, original versions, up for grabs. Looking to get rid of all 3 at once, preferably, though. "Jet" (Ramjet) came with one of the red rectangles on his hip flap unpainted, which I painted. Otherwise, all 3 are mint, only displayed, transformed to robot mode once, then back to jet for reboxing. Boxes are in decent shape, they've been stored in a closet in an a/c controlled house in a non-smoking home and no light/humidity/heat damage. Nothing's wrong with them, I just have the Takara versions and don't need duplicates. Below are pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, if you Google "iGear conehead" you get some of those as the first google image result. Strangely enough, it's indeed my own photo, hosted on my own site. I can't explain why my own photo is the first pic that shows up, but there you go. (It's not hotlinking.)

BADCUBE SUNSURGE (Sunstreaker) - Best offer
    Okay, with this one, it's a bit tricky. First off, mine broke straight out of the box, and I do not like the figure so I want to get rid of him, but I realize some folks love him to death. I did glue back the corner of his hood/foot that broke off, but haven't transformed him back to car mode to see if the peg works. In bot mode, you can't even see the damage as it's on the left foot where it's hidden by the shin panels. Otherwise, he's complete and without error/issue. Since he's got the damage to his hood/foot, he'd be perfect for someone who wants one to be kept in bot mode, or to mod for customs or as a junker for parts to fix another one. I'm willing to let the entire figure and all accessories go, so long as I get to keep the Chip Chase figure (and wheelchair, obviously). Box and all accessories included. I know he's sold out, but he's also got the issue with his foot, so again... Make an offer, I just want rid of him (minus the Chip Chase figure.)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  2. mandingo_rex

mandingo_rex ★★★★★

Just updated, and added the iGear coneheads and Quakewave. With a baby on the way, I'm trying to clear out some "extras" that I need to get rid of for space. I'll entertain realistic offers, but please don't low-ball. I'm not looking to make bank on them, but maybe get back what I got them for. Paypal only please. My feedback info is listed in the first post.

3. Shackwave71

Shackwave71 Very Illuminating...

Ballparking it, $50 to $80 or so for a used Quakewave (brand new, still crazy high-go figure). I don't need one, just an fyi. As for Sunsurge, is it still fully posable with broken/glued piece? And can you post pics of the figure, specifically of the broke/glued area? Thanks

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mandingo_rex

mandingo_rex ★★★★★

Hmm, not the worst price for QW. Of my "doubles" I'd considered keeping Quakewave and Apollyon, but I definitely want to get rid of him if possible. Apollyon, I believe I'll hang onto (thus why I haven't listed him).

With the baby coming, I've been swamped rearranging the house, painting, etc. to get my old guest room/nerd room turned into the baby room. So I haven't had the time to really look into pricing, nor time to get back to you in a timely manner. Apologies.

Sure, I can shoot a few pics tomorrow of the Sunsurge. In bot mode, the damage/repair is not noticeable because the shin covers it. I'm not going to bother transforming him to car mode again until I ship him, but I can take a pic so you can see the damage. (He's a bastard to transform, so I'm unfortunately not going to suffer through that transformation again until I have to to get him back in the box for shipping.) I'd imagine in car mode, you could see a slight crack where I had to repair the tab. (I'll try to post pics soon.)

5. mandingo_rex

mandingo_rex ★★★★★

Here are close-up pics of the foot for my Sunsurge. From the looks of it, it seems that they just got extra paint on the foot peg, which is likely why it stuck/broke when I transformed it the first time. I literally had to pry it out of the area it pegs into before I glued it back in place. The entire foot has a little extra paint on that back edge, as you can see in the overhead pic. Not perfect, but for display in bot mode it looks fine. For car mode, it'd definitely be noticeable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]