Man Vs. Food Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ORIO, Nov 11, 2009.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I friggin love this show. Anyone else sucked in by its gut busting-ness?

Just watched the new episode where he returns to Brooklyn. Next time I visit my relatives I must, ABSOLUTELY MUST, eat that burger with roast beef on it :) 

Next week he's in Anchorage!

I know my hometown restauraunt Sadies has submitted their 6 pound stuffed sopapilla challenge. If the almighty Adam Richman comes here I'll freaking be there.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I love this show. Honestly, I end up wanting to eat more at the places they visit before the eating challenge. XD

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I love this show; Ive actually tried some of the challenges. I tried the Ramen noodle bowl in California and the Ghost chili burger in SA.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    maybe 15 years ago, i could tackle some of those challenges. Now, i doubt i could sniff the plate without dropping out.

love the show simply for the exposure to what's out there in Food.

the same reason i watch Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on Food Network. just like seeing how tastes differ.

I would love to have tried that Milkshake challenge, though.

5. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Just saw the new episode, man that guy is gonna stomach ulcers after eating so much of that shit. Good watch though!

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I really enjoy this show and am amazed Adam isn't twice his size with all that food he puts down.

7. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Every time I see him going after insanely hot hot wings, I want to go and try them. I totally love the show.

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

Thats becuase in real life, he supposedly works out and includes alot of laxatives in his diet. I hear that after he takes on the food gorging challenges, he'll spend about a week using laxatives.

9. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Love the show! Either way though, he's screwed.. Constant use of laxatives can have serious effects..

10. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How'd you do?

And I've never heard about him taking laxatives before... somehow, I don't think he would need them.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

I wasnt able to finish the Ramen soup; the noodles were good and I ate them, but the actual water was so spicy and warm that it made my stomach bloat.

I ate the Ghost chili burger, not the 4 horsemen. The difference is that the 4 horsemen has all 4 kinds of peppers, the Ghost has the ghost chili and serranos. Also, the 4 horsemen is $18, Ghost is $10. Let me tell ya, never again with the Ghost chili. I was doubled over all night and very close to going to the ER. so much pain

Edit: I live here in SA, and Ive also gone to the Roundrock donut shop and tried those huge donuts which were good. Ive gone to Lulus and tried the huge cinnamon roll, and Big Lou's which has the huge pizza. They also have huge calzones :) 

12. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I watch it all the time either before or after top chef sadly I was dead tired last night so I fell asleep before the challenge part. The names they give for the different beef broth levels are hilarious.

Edit: I dunno about the laxatives but I hear competitive eaters tend to vomit up a lot of what they eat after contests/challenges in addition to what ever exercise they get.

13. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that broth does not look refreshing.

and yeah... I have no desire to eat a ghost chile. EVER.

hehe "dingle dangle"

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  14. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

I have got to get to voodoo doughnut next time I'm in portland, the doughnuts look tasty. Bacon Maple bar, mmm.

15. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That place is the shit. I had an Ol' Dirty Bastard (donut with crushed Oreo and peanut butter) and a crunch berries donut while I was there.

Also ate two of the habenero cheese fritters from Salvador Mollys. Me and some friends split an order of 5 between the 5 of us. And we all had to shit the next day.

Next time I go back, I'm eating em all :D 

16. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I caught a few eps of this. I really enjoyed the ultra-insane wings he tried that he just couldn't finish.

The burger, chili-cheese fries, and milkshake one looked like something I could handle.

Heck, on some of my power-lifting days I'll eat about 2 pound meals after a workout (mostly fish for protein and greens for iron), as I'm trying to really bulk up.

But the levels of spice he exposes himself to...man, I don't envy him the night after at all.

- Coeloptera

17. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! although my wife hates it because we are trying to loose weight and while watching this show or after, we end up eating something because of how good the food looks on the show, lol.

the only challange we have near us is the "andy's challange" which is from a chain resteraunt called "andy's" where they fix 7 burger patties, put them all on one bun, an order of fries and a large drink in 30 min or less. i have wanted to try it for a while now but just haven't gotten the nerve to do it because if you don't do it it's $20.

18. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Aside from the horsemen challenge, Chunkys also has a patty challenge as well. So far the record is 8 patties I think

19. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's... that's a lot of beef! Next weeks king snow crab challenge looks awesome. Plus I want to see what other eats are good in Alaska

20. AllSparkd

AllSparkd O_O

Did anyone else love that awesome Luchador during the Absolutely Ridiculous Burger challenge?

"I GOT PICKLES, YEAHHHH!!!11"