Man Trapped In 23-Year 'Coma' Was Conscious

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Draven, Nov 23, 2009.

1. BLuntly

BLuntly Member

Why was is neccessary to emphasize the be though? Jesus, you really need to make your point blunt around here or you get pulled up on it!

Admin or not he's still some guy... is there a need to give him massive amounts of respect just because he's an admin of all the toy collecters? Or did I skip that bit when reading the terms on joining this site?

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Did you join up to have pointless arguments? :confused: 

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

** Don't forget to check out our Movie, TF GD and Customs forums before you leave . Maybe even check out our galleries & info section.We are the largest source of TF information , you're one stop resource center.
    Also try out Toyark.com & Hisstank.com !!**
    Be sure to read the rules before posting, have a nice day!!

sry, carry on

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. Every once in a while I get sleep paralysis for a few seconds but it seems like an eternity struggling trying to move and say something but you can't yet your able to hear and see your surrounding. I can't imagine that for 23 years! I would love to hear this guy's stories, what he did to cope, etc. I hope he does write a book. I would certainly read it.

This case reminds me of something I saw some time ago on TV about a group of people who took bad ecstacy or something similiar. They all woke up being completely paralyzed but fully aware of their surroundings. Apparently the bad esctacy caused them to have a severe case of parkinson's like syndrome.

5. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You seem familiar with the "terms" of joining the site. How many times prior have you been told to read over them? Looked up your information, you have all the markings of the typical alt-ID of a banned tool. You all type as little as possible when you sign up, you all race immediately to the General Discussion to start up shit, and then you all try to play stupid.

I'm sure it's a matter of time before you slip up, or someone you know rats you out.

Good day sir!

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Is anyone else thinking of Mettalica's "One" after reading this?

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Johnny Got His Gun would be the more appropriate thing to reference, but yes tee-totally!

8. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    For me the worst hell would be waking up during an operation cause the anestetic didnt work or the one where your body is paralized but the mind is awake and they operated on you anyway
    Thats gotta hurt

9. BLuntly

BLuntly Member

Haha, what's with the paranoia?

Look Columbo, I've already said how I managed to find this thread/site. How else would I know how your getting this traffic to just this thread? It's how I got here!

You can assume I'm some angry, banned, collecter tool all you like, but I only view the general discussion because I don't collect and all the other stuff goes way over my head!

10. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Not to derail the thread any further, but why sign up for a Transformers website just to go to a general discussion forum? Even if that is all that you are looking for there are better sites out there for that reason. In addition, most of the other people who you will be conversing with have at least some background and positive history with the Transformers toy-line so at least be aware of the that fact.

Internet rage all you like, but one of the biggest loves of mine on this site is the fact that the Admins aren't shy with the banhammer to keep the peace.

BACK on topic...

And after reading this thread (and working far too much with little to no sleep) I had an instance of sleep paralysis last night/this morning. It is hard to calm yourself down when you can only control your eye movement.

11. BLuntly

BLuntly Member

Don't hint for the admins to call in the ban bandito's on me! Don't be so sensitive, I've barely done anything!

So, I've gotta explain myself for signing up eh? I'm a member of various forums to burn time and discuss stuff. I've got nothing against anyone who collects. Just because I don't collect doesn't mean I'm any less of a person and should not be allowd to post in the general discussion amongst collecters, (and vice-versa!).

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yeah it does. Freak.

13. BLuntly

BLuntly Member

Ha... in that case I better go buy some tranny robot toys straight away!

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Gah. I have a few friends who suffer from that. They all agree that it's utterly terrifying.

15. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    An admin has already poked his head in here and done his thing. Not like I have to call them down with righteous fury.

I'll just wish you good luck, and suggest you calm down. Treat this place like you're people in person and everything will be fine. Treat it like a "respond to this article" site and you will likely be booted and laughed at. Maybe not in that order.

It is. Normally it seems as if I can get myself calmed down, or have something interrupt me (alarm, dog, wife) it snaps out. But if you've had a bad dream that you wake from, then can't move, what I know logically is a matter of moments is a dreadful month. Much kudos to the guy for keeping himself together for 23 years, I would be on the far side of batshite insane crazy.

16. BLuntly

BLuntly Member

Jeees, treat it like you're in person?! This is an internet forum... you're suppose to treat it more like the later! Thanks for the advice but I'll stick with treating it like it is...

Anyway, could this guy use his eyes? Surely he was thinking 'Open my damn eyelids!' the whole time...

I suppose his dreams were keeping him sane, like all of us! It be interesting to know if he was lucid dreaming the whole time. He knew he was in a coma, so when he could walk and look about he must've known he was dreaming, therefore being able to do anything he wanted. Not trying to say he wasn't damn bored the majority of the time though...

17. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After reading this article and watching the video of him "communicating", I am skeptical of whether he is really communicating. It seems his eyes are shut the entire time he is supposedly typing yet typed fairly fast. It's hard to believe that his assistant can pick up so quickly his movements to know which keys he wants to hit almost instantly.

Newsvine - Coherent after coma? Not so sure

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well it does look a bit suspect. But there should be fairly easy ways to test it.

Supposedly he can also answer yes and no questions with small movements of his foot.

19. BLuntly

BLuntly Member

I'm surprised he hasn't asked for them to put him down... I think I would.

20. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How did he not go insane?!?!? 23 YEARS?!?!