Man knew he had drug-resistant TB before flying to Europe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bryan, May 30, 2007.

1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

I used to work right down the street from Grady ( Sloppy Floyd building), and yeah that hospital is an ish hole!

3. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

chuck the disiesed scumbag out. let atlanta keep its own stupid illness

4. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

The is the prime example of why you never stop taking your anitbiotics until instructed to do so by the doctor. You end up killing the weak part of the strain, and leaving the most powerful part to make a comeback.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ugh. We don't fucking want him.

6. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

OOOOOKAAAAAY, yeah I can picture him saying do not want.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was worried I was the only one who felt this way after listening to the radio coverage on this today.

Basically, from what I heard, this guy was advised that he really shouldn't fly and they would prefer he didn't. Of course, the CDC made the mistake of assuming they were dealing with a responsible adult who would consider the health and safety of other people before flying with a serious, potentially communicable disease. Instead, he decided that since they didn't flat out tell him "no, you can't", he could do what he felt like and go anyways because, heaven forbid he delay his wedding/honeymoon (doesn't seem like he even considered the risk he posed to his own family either). It's frightening, and rather disheartening, to know that there are people out there who are so selfish that they would willingly and knowingly put the health of others at risk to avoid inconveniencing their lives. Honestly, if I was one of the people on those flights, I'd be investigating whether I had any legal grounds to sue him for something (even if it's just for time/lost wages/medical expenses for needing a TB test). Connected to that, what if someone on one of those flights comes up positive for this (weakened immune system maybe)? What if someone else dies? Is this guy going to be held criminally responsible (ie - manslaughter)?

It's also concerning that he was able to get back across the US/Canada border again so easily. Granted, the Northern border is about as weak as the Southern, but I can't believe his name wasn't flagged in their systems or something.