Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodimus Prime, Apr 19, 2006.
It's a horrible story, but I can't help but find it sort of amusing how he burned to death in a fire escape because of a ciggarette. How ironic.
eh. he was going to die a slow death via lung cancer anyway.
One time I was sitting on the can at work and decided to knock out two birds with one stone so I lit one up. A minute or so later, I heardmy bossman talking to another guy as they came in. I panicked and tried to throw it between my legs into the toilet, but instead I sent it sailing into my sack, cherry first. It put a nice little burn mark there and hurt for two weeks, in addition to the massive bite marks on my finger where I stifled my scream.
That sucked. I need to quit smoking.
What exactly made this poor guy go up, tho? Was he wearing one of those paper gowns or somethin?
His skin condition was being treated with a gel that was flammable. Picture lighting a cigarette while covered in gasoline.
Remember kids...smoking will kill you! Wonder if he counts toward the purported 400,000 deaths/year.
In further news, the family is suing the makers of Saw.
Ah, I misread it. I thought it was saying he was being treated with a gel for the burns. I guess that was the new Oil of Olay brand Oil of Oil.
He's going to die by cancer anyways... this just sped up the process.
Sorry for being insensitive but I hate smoking.
Okay, now wait a minute, guys. I hate smoking as much as nearly anybody, but burning to death is a really horrible and painful way to go. I once knew someone who tried to kill himself that way and failed.
Is it stupid to smoke when you know that it's expensive, addictive, and comes with serious health risks (even besides cancer)? Sure, but this guy was 60 years old. He might not have been aware of the risks when he started. Is it stupid to light up if you know you're covered in flammable gel? Extremely, but we dont know for sure that the hospital staff remembered to mention the gel was flammable. Even if he was informed of both and was really just that stupid, does that alone mean he deserves to burn to death or that we shouldn't care if he does? No.
Is it still funny that he died on a fire escape... on fire... from a cigarette?
But we can at least have some pity for the guy.
Edit: Actually, I guess its also pretty funny that someone with the username "flamepanther" is telling you how terrible it is to burn to death. I hadn't thought about that.
I see a future Truth.com ad sadly...
See, smoking really WILL kill you!!!!
I LOVE to smoke.
*blows smoke in anti-smokers faces*
If I DO see one of those fucking TRUTH ads about this, I may snap. Those commerials are what REALLY give people cancer.
That's a horrible way to go.
Isn't smoking prohibited in hospitals anyway???
I've heard of dying for a smoke before, but that's ridiculous!
It's a tragedy, it really is. Smoking is not allowed in hospitals, which is why he was out on the fire escape. I'm wondering if the hospital staff forgot to tell him his ointment was flammable or he just didn't give a damn.
*blows more smoke in face*
...Because he died in an extremely horrible and painful way. Yeesh.
Maybe they didn't think he'd be so damn desperate to have a smoke.
As much as a pun-invite this is, wow man what a way to go.
Fire frikn hurts like hell!
What people would do just to get a few drags while in a hospital.
My grandma used to run off for smokes when she was in hospitals.When your that old and need a smoke, no one's going to stop you. Shame he had to go out like that
I read about this in the papers, and couldn't help but laugh. But then I knew there would be a million-and-one "smoking really does kill you" comments flying about after this was published
Separate names with a comma.