Man...I am ticked...(KO Mirage)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ruination04, Sep 24, 2007.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    No, look at the way the shipping box is torn. It's very clear that something pole-like was rammed into it and thicker cardboard wouldnt've made a difference. Makes you wonder if DHL hires alot of ex-Walmart employees, doesn't it? I also know a really huge client that dropped DHL last year or the year before, but it was more for the inability to get overnight packages anywhere in less than a week than destruction of property.

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Well, here's the seller's response.

3. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I think you guys are right that it was stabbed with a pen, but it still looks like thin cardboard to me. *Shrug* Good luck dude.

4. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I experienced almost the same ! However that was the custom guys damaging my K.O Mirage. It was very well packed in a sturdy box and with bubblewrap, but some idiot at the customs just took a hobby knife and cut directly through the bubblewrap to inspect the contents and hereby he made deep cut marks into the box - I was NOT happy !. Eventhough the seller wasn't at all responsible for this he was so sorry to hear about it that he would sell me another KO. Mirage for ½ price and he paid shipping... and yes that was an ebay seller.
    I'm still in the process claiming compensation for the damaged Mirage with the customs office.

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I don't care if it that box was full dog crap... if someone treated an item I paid for like that... I would be hacked.

6. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

I was also a formers UPS employee, for the biggest distribution center around the Chicago area in Hodgkins Illinois. UPS has/Had a contract to transport dell computers. They got their own trucks and they were filled with nothing but dell merchandise. I watched people pull down layers of dell computers stacked 10- 12 feet high letting them smash to the ground. All so they would not have to get the step stool in order to reach the high boxes.

Also, every day before and after work every employee passed through metal detecters, and was also went over with a metal detecting wand as well as being made to empty purses and pockets. This was done because too much stuff was being stolen. As with any other place it is the bad apple employees that ruin it for everyone else, but packages do get damaged on purpose from time to time for any amount of reasons. I have seen it.

7. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

dhl prolly doesn't know the difference between a KO mirage or a vintage MISB mirage. i'd make em pay for a vintage one!

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ya know, that's not a bad idea. Screw the company that's been smashing and stealing our stuff for years!

9. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

I like the way this guy thinks!

10. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I hate DHL

Anything I get from them, the package has either been crushed or damaged.

11. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

the same happened to my original soundwave, but i can pretty much see what happened, another frustrated employee or just a random chicken brain man kicked the box several times, either to fit in, or "just for kicks" . Soundwvae came DOUBLE boxed, still got damaged, the mailbox was completly torn at on side, soundwave got this, but i was able to fix it somehow:

[​IMG]

soz for the bad quality.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, had a bad experience with DHL lately myself.

Long story cut out, my computer needed a new motherboard, DHL was meant to deliver it. First one came without a processor, the box the replacement came in was a little beat up.

For all I complain about them being slow to bring my stuff and frequently charging obscene handling fees, I prefer Parcel Force.

13. Darth Fitch

Darth Fitch Herald of Golobulus

Shifting Gears slightly, I'm curious what kind of quality is the KO Mirage? Is it clearly a crap-lica (falls apart at a glance), or is it a better retooling of the toy?

14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I posted a review up on CybCon, but I'll repost in case you're not one of the dozen or so active members :p 

And the reference would be Changing Gears, wouldn't it? :p 

15. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Everything I have seen looks good. Honestly, I don't plan on opening him. All of my real
    reissues are sealed and I just bought the KO to fill in the holes so to speak.

16. Darth Fitch

Darth Fitch Herald of Golobulus

You know, I thought about typing that...
    Can anybody comment on the quality of the KOs? Are they crap?

Thanks

17. LeoPrime

LeoPrime Get bad with Cyber-bee!

Man not only does DHL treat packages like crap, one time they weren't able to find my apartment. When I called them I asked them how on earth can a delivery company not find an address (In a city, no less) and even if that were the case, I was never contacted or notified that they couldn't deliver my package. They just sat on it! If I had never called them I never would've gotten that package!

18. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Shit! My Russian mail-order bride is arriving via DHL! I hope nobody pokes her box during shipping!!

19. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Based on how DHL likes to dick around with peoples shipments you'd better hope they don't poke her. I ship USPS - because if it arrives damaged, like everything else in the world, it's the Government's Fault.

~Z

20. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah most people probably wouldn't consider a box of a new toy's condition with that level of scrutiny, and certain sellers have bad reps for not caring about the boxes (not everyone has the adult collectors perspective, but who was it that had their music label shipped from Hobby Japan and they shipped it in a plastic bag?)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007