Man convicted in Flower girl murder case

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Link

:( 

If you click the link you can see the video of the crash from the POV of the limosine. But be warned it's not pleasant.

I agree with the verdict, I hope it helps put a stop to people who use the "I was drunk" defense in an shameless attempt to skirt responsibility for their actions.

And life in prision's perfect for the guy, let him agonize over what he's done. God knows the family of that little girl will be agonizing for the rest of their lives.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Tie him to a wall, and force another drunk driver to slam into him. Asshole deserves no better.

3. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Damn, that's very fucking horrible. May that fucker get what he deserves.

However, is it really "murder", because isn't murder when you purposedly kill someone? I don't think the guy got up one morning and said, "Ok, I'm gonna get drunk and kill two innocent people.". Even if his fucking useless brain didn't make him think twice about getting behind the wheel.

4. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

The way I see it,if you have a drink,you're responsible for anything that may happen because of it.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Sentence seems a bit severe to me. He deserves to go to prison for a good long time, but lumping him in with cold-blooded murderers is a bit much, unless he was actually TRYING to hit the limo.

6. Shaun_C

Well IMPO a car is a deadly weapon if used irresponsibly. And by driving drunk a person lacks the common sense to use it responsibly.

Second he made the decision to get wasted with his .24+ alcohol-blood level and again he made the decision to drive in his drunken state.

And we ALL know how dangerous drunk driving is. So IMPO a drunk driver is no different then a murderer in this case. He may not have thought to himself "Hey, I'm going to hit a limo and kill 2 people" But he definitely didn't do anything to avoid the outcome.

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I think this is great. Maybe now this will set a precedent where idiots who decide to get drunk and do stupid shit will no longer be able to get off so easily.

You decide to be stupid? Fine. Pay the consequences for it.

The moment he got in the car to drive he decided that he didn't care if he killed someone.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It should be man slaughter.. Second Degree.. Not murder. for there to be murder there has to be intent.. I agree he should go to jail for a long time, but not convicted of murder..

Bad news for Kickback if they ever make peeing on someone elses laptop a crime...

9. Shaun_C

Okay, I can see what you're saying even if I personally don't agree. But correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't manslaughter just a lesser degree charge of murder?

Maybe a charge of this severity is what is needed to scare people out of drunk driving. I mean the present standard doesn't work, the commercials don't work. So maybe a charge this severe is what's needed to scare people straight.

And I just got to thinking, I wonder where this guy was comming from that he was that plastered anyway. I hope it wasn't a party, because if I was the host of said party I'd be feeling pretty crummy knowing that one of my party guests killed someone driving drunk from MY party

10. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Dude, that's fucked up. This Martin Heidgen should be dragged by his balls from the back of dump truck.

That attourny had the nerve to use "extreme" to describe the jury's actions? Make Heidgen your chaffuer when he gets outta prison then, prick.

:throw 

11. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Perhaps the whole turning into the limo was the damning aspect of the case. Personally, I think he's still getting off easy. I can't imagine, nor do I want to know what it's like to hold the head of a dead child in my hands - especially if it's one of my own.

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Hardcore drunks will still drive no matter what. Stiffer sentences aren't going to stop them.

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Was he not driving down the wrong side of the road?
    Playing chicken sounds like intent to kill to me...

14. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Driving on the wrong side of the road does not necessarily equal playing chicken. It could just mean drunk and stupid. After watching the video, I'm inclined to say he was just drunk and confused.

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Two miles down the wrong side though...

There had to be other people on the road at that time.

I guess the issue is that people need to stop doing this kind of thing, advertisements don't work, so there needs to be really implications for this. If you drink and then drive, you will be punished severely...

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Maybe he thought it was a two way highway, and any other cars he passed just happened to be in the right lane for that. If you watch the video, he WAS on the correct side of the road (if it would have been a two-way).

This could have just have easily been some confused old person. Why doesn't anybody try to get THEM off the road?

17. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I get your point about the right side of the road, and I guess that he didn't intend to kill these people, but I still think the punishment would fit this crime. They have to prove a point that if you kill someone while driving drunk, there will be consequences, not just a slap on the wrist.

As for the old people, they are dangerous and a lot of them should not be aloud to drive any longer.

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This stupid punk is getting off easy as far as I'm concerned. He should have been given the death sentence. Whether he intended to do it or not is irrelevant, because he still took the life of two people through his irresponsible actions. You commit the crime you need to do the time. Period.

Personally, I hope this opens the door for a lot more "I was drunk" defences to get shot out the window. If you drink and are prone to do stupid stuff... you should drink someplace safe or just admit that you have no personal restraint when it comes to your "pastime".

I really feel sorry for the family here. I mean, I have a seven month old and I can't imagine life without her. Let alone holding her decapitated head in my hands after some irresponsible prick took her life through his actions and bad judgement. If I was the father... I'd probably be on trail for murder or at least battery, because no one would be able to keep me away from him.