2D Artwork: making tracks

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by phoenixliger, Jun 9, 2011.

1. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Trying to improve this scetch that i did of tracks im thinking he needs to be beefier up top my favorite part of this version of tracks is that the hood of the car opens up on the side of his legs to reveal holsters for his guns (sorry its in the original sketch) unfortanetly i forgot to incorperate it in this drawing

C&C welcome and always appreciated

Attached Files:

2. CypherCrowley

CypherCrowley Well-Known Member

This is looking very good so far. The pose brings out Tracks's cocky attitude nicely. As for tweaks to improve the drawing, here ar a few things I noticed:
    -As you mentioned yourself, the whole upper torso could use some more bulk. You might wanna consider making the windshield/roof section wider too, otherwise you'll have some heavy mass shifting going on.
    -The same goes for the lower legs, they could use some enlargement. Makes - in my opinion - for nicer proportions.
    -His left arm seems a little smaller than his right one.

And two more things you should consider to make the overall pose a little more dynamic:
    -Raise his right hip, it makes for a more interesting stance if you have on side where the shoulder is lowered and the hip raised.
    -Have his left arm come forward towards the viewer a little more instead of just having it hanging down on the side.

The idea of having his gun holsters in his thighs sounds very cool.

3. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Thanks bro
    I feel what your saying on his pose the next time i visit this rendition of Tracks i will make those changes.
    Funny that you mentioned the winshield its gone thru quite a few changes since i started this the windshield is actualy on his back i borrowed a lot of elements from alternator Tracks what you see on his chest is fake. Ill se what i can do to fix that though