Customs: making g1 minibots from cybertron basics--what's been done?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Feb 16, 2007.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

It wouldn't have worked for a mini bot, but it really sucks that they did all that design work on Classics Cosmos and then decided not to make him. And then taunt us with pictures of his design. Boo on that decision.

Maybe a new Cosmo minibot will have to be a regular spaceship design, other wise, I won't ever have one like Drax said.

I started one, of a larger design, from a Power Ranger but never finished it. Maybe i'll get back to it someday.

2. defstar

defstar Autobot...

3. zuffyprime

zuffyprime It's not easy being green

I think we'll see those minibots as "botcon exclusives"...
    that's my hunch anyway... really nice aeriobots by the way, how did you make the wings... what material did you use... very talented =)

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

This may be a bit weird, but what about using one of the Star Wars transformers? Like one of the Jedi Starfighters or something? Sure, they'll still probably scream "Star Wars," but at least they are sci-fi-looking spaceships. And hey, a green paintjob and a red cylindrical head goes a long way. :) 

5. manyoufactsure

The wings for Slingshot are styrene (attached to the origonal wing) and the other three are wings from KO Aerialbots. I just reversed the legs/cockpit so the wings were on top instead of the bottom. For a while I didn't think Slingshot was going to work out but then it some how all came together. I had to make his tail into a weapon since I couldn't find the right kind of joint to let it swing out of the way for all three modes. Thanks.

6. manyoufactsure

They are too big to fit into G1 size (which is what MY upgrades are meant to do) but they do make for excellent alteration materials. I have plans on making the imperial shuttle into a pre-Beast Wars Depthcharge.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Ah, that makes sense. Cool idea for the Imperial Shuttle, though!

Hmm... the only other (smaller) space-shippy-looking figure I can think of right offhand would be Cybertron Sideways. But I guess he's probably a bit evil-looking for Cosmos.

8. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Best bet for Cosmos seems to be the Real Gear Binoculars,,, check it out.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm.....you do have a point there about Sideways, but with the right modifications to him, and the right paint job, it could be puled off. I might have to look into doing that. Cosmos is my favorite mini-bot, and that Deluxe Classics figure that we saw a while a go would of been really awesome if they were to make him. Peace out.

10. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

yea i think the binoculars would work nicely or if you want to give it a shot then the sideways mike work if you sand him a little around the edges and make him a bit "curvier" well macross knows what to do hes the expert here. Also just a quick question to anyone has anyone seen that cybertron episode where they show like a bunch of sideways about to take over some place. They showed like a white repaint of sideways that was supposed to be very like majestic lookng and sht i thought it looked awesome.. i dont know i was wondering if macross ever made a kitbash of him?

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm.....the only thing that comes to mind is that Japenese exclusive repaint of him that came with a DVD. I might just do the binocular one. It look's more like him as is, and it'll be easier to get a hold of once it comes out. Peace out.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So since it's a parting phrase, you don't have to say it after every post. Especially when, say, you're expecting a response to which you might in turn respond. Alternatively, you could put it in your sig.

But it's a free world, so if you want to keep it up, then rock on.

Peace out (no, seriously).

13. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Haha raven i think you should stop with the "peace out" i dont have a problem but i guess it gets tiring to some guys since a lot of them tell you to just put it in youre sig haha

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but if people have a problem with it, they can f***ing deal with it. I'm not trying to argue over this or anything, but it's nothing I'm forcing anybody to read. If it's not in the signature that kjeevahh made for me, I plan on typing it near it, or adding it myself when and if I get the free time to do so. For the mean time, I'm still going to use the phrase. Sorry to the mods if I sound pissed-off about this or anything, but it's getting stupid with all the jokes and what not. I'll edit this post if the mods want me to. I don't want to go threw the same thing like the last time I lost my temper on here over something stupid. Back onto the topic of the thread, can someone find the digibashes of the Binocular bot into Cosmos, I can't seem to find them. I'm thinking of doing it once the movie stuff hit's store shelves. Peace out.

15. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Well i totally agree thats why if you see on my post i said " i dont have a problem with it" but yea i cant find the digibashes either... i mean dont you do kitbashes of youre own? wouldnt digibashes be easier? =P

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for being one of few that agree with me on here. Digibashes are nice to look at and all, but you can't hold it in your hand, transform it, and over-all I don't get the same level of satisfaction in my work. That and I don't have the money to buy a copy of Photoshop. I know about the free downloads of similar programs, but I've been trained to use Photoshop, and I prefer it's layout to everything else that I've ever tried to use. Peace out.

17. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Yea me too.. like i just previously posted about 5 seconds ago i love photoshop but i currently do not have the money or any other funds to be able to purchase it, specially considering this is the one week where i spent over 100$ just in transformers. Now i know that may not be a lot to many members in this forum but for a small time collector like myself its hard to let money go so easily, specially some i work for =D

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    To me, that is actually a very large sum of money to be spending at one time. I don't usually buy that many TF's at a time. It all depends on what is out and how much money I have at the time, which usually isn't much. It's a good thing that I'll be getting a job this summer, so I can get the rest of the Classics that I want, and all the movie stuff that I plan on getting. Peace out.

19. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Yea welll this will be my one big haul for a long time now its to one tf per like 2 weeks and thats only 2 more classics so yea until the movie release. The only reason i spent this much was because they were such great sales such as the TRU three packs and the discounts at HTS, i mean ill spend quite a bit if i can see that its a good deal and it wont come around too often. Yea having a job is pretty decent since at least you always have a little money you can fall back on. That is, if you save it.

WOOT 200th POST!! haha

20. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

I dunno,,, Cybertron Sideways seems more like a bipedal Ratbat to me. Definatly simmilar in personality to the Marvel comic run. (Yeah Sideways WOULD build a Carwash of Doom)

Put him with Tripedicus Agent Ravage.