Making Divx/Xvid DVDs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Primal, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    For those of you that download TV shows and back them up to DVD, how do you do it?

I started doing this with Heroes and Smallville, but whenever I reburn to the same DVD and play it in a Divx DVD player, only the episodes I burnt to the DVD the first time show up. They all show up when the DVD is in a computer though.

I'm use Nero 6 and I use the Data DVD option when I burn them.

Is it possible to reburn to the same DVD or is it an all at once type thing?

Thanks!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It's probably because you need to build chapters or something like that and the regular DVD player can't handle multiple episodes on one disk that aren't arranged in a menu it can read, but that's just a guess.

You probably have to do them all at once.

3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

If you read the help balloon,it tells you that Data DVD is for PC use.

To copy shows Go to Photos & Video and use the Make your own DVD video option.
    From there just add the shows till the DVD space is full using the Add Video Files button.
    Also depending on the number of shows you want per DVD and the quality,go to More {at the bottom left}then Video configuration,click the tab and select Extended or Long Play.

For a 1hour show I can get 4 to 5 per DVD with these settings.

Now select one of the shows you added and go to Create Chapters.
    There's two ways to do this,first is the auto feature where you can set it to make chapters for you ever 3mins or more in the show.

the second way is to click the green button on the left hand side of the box.This starts the video file playing,now on the right hand side you'll see a blue button that adds a chapter everytime you click it.
    When done here click next. And repeat for the rest of the added videos.

Hit next to get the create menu page,I'd suggest you experiment here to see what all you can do.

The next page will let you select the DVD you'll use to burn with{if you have more then one} Also unless you are watching a pal format tv don't click yes if it asks to convert to pal format. Stick with the NCST{?} mode.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's because you're using Multi-session. Some drives and players will only see the most recent session. If you want your player to see all of the videos, you'll need to burn them all at once and finalize the disc.

5. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    I guess I'll just do the all at once burn option to another DVD when my multi-session disc is full.

Pimpimus Prime, are there DVD players that read multi-session divx dvds? If so, how can you tell if it does? The specs I've seen only say DivX or DivX Home Theater Certified.

Thanks for all the replys guys! :) 

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

best bet would be to check out www.videohelp.com

they have help guides for converting almost all formats...and they have a list of DVDs (which also shows which type they can play...ie. VCD, SVCD, DivX, CD-R, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, etc)

7. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet, that sites got info on how to convert to WMV.
    Now I can try it to watch vids on the 360.