Making a leader class Blackout

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blackout2505, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Blackout2505

Blackout2505 Well-Known Member

No this is not thread complaining about hasbro not making a leader class blackout (althouth it would be awsome >.>) This is a thread to dicuss how it it could possibly transform and how hard it would be to design it. I know fans want a leader Starcream, Blackout/Grindor and Bonecrusher.

My personal opinion is that Blackout/Grindor would be the hardest of the 3 to design, they will probably have to use some cheating like they did with deluxe sideways cause I have no idea how they would make the back of the helicopter the arms to make him have his rotor saw and let alone giving his gun, giving him articulation and keeping him screen accurate. Even if they cheated I think would probably be a transformation even harder than ROTF Prime and the designers would have a heck of a hard time designing it =P

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno... I think a leader size figure offers more flexibility and parts as far as budget restraints.

It'll never happen, but the idea of that big bastard in either mode as a leader class figure makes me happy. Maybe next movie

3. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

THIS.

The main reason people want a Leader Blackout is to make as big as Prime. I don't think there's any way they could make him bigger than Prime, let alone as big. The voyager Blackout toy has a huge helicoptor, with a shrimpy robot mode. To make a leader Blackout, they would need to make one HUGE helicopter.

But if they could make him big, cool, articulated, accurate, and make him have awesome weapons, then I'd buy one. :D 

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think that, if they really wanted to, they could pull it off. If Leader Starscream's jet-mode is as accurate as I've heard it is, then they have pretty much made a MP movie Starscream, and I think if they can do that, than a Leader Blackout/Grindor shouldn't be impossible for them to do. I just can't see them doing it anyways. If they were going to, they would have by now. Only way I can see them attempting it is if there is a new, more involved, character in the third one that shares the same body design.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    :banghead: :gen069: :horse: :deadhorse: :throw :stick: 
    not another one of these threads Hasbro has said there will be no leader class blackout ..... serious stopping making threads associated with the idea and let it die but i do give you credit for not complaining about the lack of one and as for scale it has never been a major issue in the making of transformers out side of the alternators/binaltech line

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I have nothing so, THIS.

7. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Really another damn thread. Make a freaking website saying you want a Blackout. Or take matters in your own hands and make a custom like some of the board members.

But I think Blackout's transformation will be easy/intricate. The bottom back portion will be his legs. Also I find it funny how the OP tried squirming his way into saying this isn't a wish thread. Until one mamber says he wishes the transformation will be so-so.

8. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I don't think the size of the Helicopter is a problem. All Leader Class figures are packaged in Bot Mode, so they'd just have to make sure Blackout was the size of Prime to fit in a box and then worry about the vehicle mode.

I do believe it woud be a hard sucker to design, though.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    You deserve a cookie for not whining about the lack of a Leader Blackout.

10. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I'd just like to see a big Blackout figure with a wrist-mounted rotor blade weapon that has a motor and can spin by pressing a button on his arm. That would be cool.

11. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i will like to see him as a leader but with all of his weapons

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hmm. Very good points you have made, and props for not complaining about the lack of a Leader "Pave Low", Grindor OR Blackout.

I think the problem is, as you said, making it a show accurate interpretation. Sure, they could always make a scaled up Voyager with a few more gimmicks, but that wouldn't be very show accurate at all! Show accuracy is the advantage of these larger, more complex figures.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Both of those are fantastic options.

14. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

^^This.

Leader OP and Brawl f.ex both have a huge volume to fold out into a robot, while a large part of a helicopter is the tailsection which is tricky to make into something useful, especially if the figure is going to be screen accurate.

Now, a Leader Bonecrusher on the other hand...:D  Ok, let's not go there.

15. Blackout2505

Blackout2505 Well-Known Member

I must one one of the only people not complaining blindly about not having a leader class blackout huh =P

I wouldnt mind a leader class Blackout/Grindor being the hardest to transform figure ever but it has to be accurate like OP and the Screamer prototype and I have no idea how that is possible considering Blackout/Grindor `s CGI model, hopefully he will be back in the third movie and have his moment of glory. =(

16. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

whoa there lolz :D 

17. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    To be honest I think blackout would be easier to make than screamer. His jet mode is rather thin, while Blackout's heli mode has alot more bulk so store parts. to be honest the rear rotor piece could just be removeable and clip to his hand nothing that complicated there.

18. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like a leader Blackout so that we don't have to see a new "We need a leader Blackout" thread 4-6 times a month. :D 

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    now this i can support :lolol 

20. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    This. If they went for the same type of robot in TF3, he'd be the Sky Stallion, which is even larger than the Pavelow (The Military retired the MH53's, explaining hte lack of radar bulb on the nose of Grindor's helicopter). Thus meaning he would have an ENORMOUS helicopter mode, requiring cheating like Jetfire (although, given that Jetfire's kibble is for combining...maybe a little less obvious cheating.)

Voyager I think was the proper size for this character/s, to be honest. The rotors were the proper size in relation to the helicopter body. On a Leader Class, Hasbro would shorten the blades for safety reasons, giving you a gigantic helicopter with almost comically tiny blades and rotors.

This. I love the concept of a Leader Grindor/Blackout, although when considering how it would be created, safety laws and sch become impassable barriers. I would LOVE a movie accurate Grindor towering up there with Prime and Starscream, I just know its not gonna happen. =/