Maketoys website update with new "Giant" photos

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DrillBIT, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Holy hell that looks nice! If the fit and finish is FP quality and the price is right, consider this bought!

2. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What would really be awesome is if TFC had to lower thier price to compete. :D 

I want both, but fp quality vs. tfc... going to be fp everyday of the week.
    especially if the price is where I think it will be.

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arrgh, veyr conflicted here, but i think I'm going to have to cancel Scavenger/Exgraver for now, this one is just oo tempting. As someone else said, not so sure about the individual bot modes, but who knows, they could surprise people when the clear pics come out

4. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I still say this has to be THE definite reason as to why FP didn't do an add-on for Classics Devy. I so hope this one is more affordable to my wallet than Herculese. I can appreciate both aesthetically, but competition breeds better product and pricing. I'm all for the cheaper of the two as long as quality isn't lacking.

On a sidenote, love the sig D-Unit. I'm sure all the Lil Jimmys are gonna run out and buy himself a Hercules since it's a conspiracy against the Giant. Run Lil Jimmy, run!

5. AMG

AMG Old School

That is a fantastic looking Devastator.

6. BoltFTW

BoltFTW IS CREDIT TO TEAM

Horey Sheet...
    I'm really digging the look of this set. I also really like how its comparable in size to the Bruticus set. Makes everything kinda fit together nicely, and that doesnt mean that I'd have to buy a shelf just for TFC's not-devistator.
    I'm also kinda happy that it doesnt use the Energon Constricons as a base. Never was able to get my hands on that.
    The only thing that kinda buggs me about the whole deal is the feet on the combined mode. The look a little strange and out of place with the rest of the set, but its a minor gripe.
    Also lol, I hope they actually put a proper left hand on it and not two rights. The hand on its left side doesn't have the cup for a ball joint cut in it, looks like they accidentally made two rights and just ran with it for the prototype.
    Here's hopin for a $50 price point for the individuals.

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Ok, so the Devastator I really want is TFclub's so he will be my main priority. This guy is bad ass so he will be mine also. I own a G1 Devastator with all the crazydevy parts. I was thinking of selling him but now I'm thinking I should keep him and have myself one bad ass Devastator collection... Yes? No??

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm very impressed that they've managed to both prototype and show the entire product already, at the very least they've taught TFC a thing or two about marketing. :lol 

I want one of them but I'm really going to have to think about which, size and grandeur or detail and lower price tag.

Seeing the full extent of TFC's one would certainly help...

9. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

holy shit that looks nice! i'm getting tfc's version, but this looks too good to pass up. this is gonna be an expensive year.

10. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Patience has its reward......will be getting this one....im also asumming all figs will be release sooner than TFC version...

Might be 10$a cheaper too....

11. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

That's impressive, and for me it trumps the TFC version. Not that Hercules looks bad in any way, because it doesn't. But TFC hasnt done a good job with the progress, and with Maketoys seemingly having a 'finished' product, I can't help but think TFC is in trouble.

12. maximusprime157

maximusprime157 Active Member

I know know which devy i'm gonna get...

13. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am still sticking with the TFC Toys version. While I love and appreciate the engineering of this, it also looks to lack the posability in the combined mode. Who knows..... I may end up getting this too. We'll see. Gotta say I'm loving all of the stuff the 3rd party groups have coming down the pipes this year!

- Gregg

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Get both, and the version you like the least, you can send to me for Cince de Mayo de Quaddy :D 

15. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    why is everyone so sure this is a parts former? the forearms have a hinge that clearly splits it in half, enough to possibly tuck under scvavegers treads. i also see wheels on the forearms...
    AND A G1 HEAD (it appears)!!!!
    if the price point is better, ill be switching over. unfortunately i ordered from RK so im not sure i can cancel that preorder. im guessing since theyre triple changers, maybe in the $60-70 range?
    i wouldnt want to work at TFC today....

16. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Wow maketoys just trumped TFC in a big way. If maketoys is indeed an extension of Fansproject, then this version of Devastator will be better in every way than the TFC version.

Not only that....it'll probably fit in better with FP Bruticus and Superion for those that already have them.

It'll also be interesting to see a Fansproject-inspired combiner where all of the pieces are original molds.

17. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn... I shouldn't have preordered Exgraver from RK since I can't cancel preorder there...

18. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I agree 100%.

19. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Yes! Maybe have your standard custom Devs, then you'd have Devs in Voyager, Deluxe, Scout and Whatever-size-class-the-g1-toys-approximate-to Class variations (meaning the components are of those size classes). This comparison shot must be made by someone!

20. Immortalis09

Immortalis09 Well-Known Member

This is pretty defnite for me as long as the price isn't too high. I passed on the TFC because I don't like the quality of their Targetroids which I brought recently, the plastic was very cheap and there was no way I was paying the price for Exgraver and the other Hercules figures if they we're this poor. The scale of the combiner is also the same as Bruticus which makes it the right scale for my collection and means he will fit on my G1 Decepticon shelf. Plus it looks absolutely amazing.