MakeToys Trash-Talk and Cogwheel (Not-IDW Swerve and Gears)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bountyan, Jul 27, 2013.

1. RDprime

RDprime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A mini symbol on the chest would probably look better. Granted you have to be a freaking surgeon to get it right, they look great on the smaller figures.

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Well-Known Member

Ah, but IDW Swerve actually wears his badge on his pelvis. :D 

3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Toonimator is correct. But, chest would've been my first choice too, lol. This toy is just too accurate to the source to deviate, though. It's like it jumped straight out of the comic.

4. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wants 3rd Party Knock Out

I thought I could wait it out but if one of you who got one of the early sets wants to sell their's PM me.

5. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    Very Nice, TJ!

That black wash really did bring out those details, especially on the chest. Digging the clear-backed Autobot symbol you gave this guy as well.

I was originally a little hesitant to just slap one on his crotch like how its shown in the comic. But after seeing it in your pic, I have to say it works.

6. lucas maximus

lucas maximus WORD

yep, gonna have to go with the crotch symbol! it's so wrong, but that's our little swerve!

7. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Dude!!! When I get mine I'm biting your style.

8. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Nice! Probably should have made it a little crooked, though. Swerve is careless like that.
    ;) 

9. plmayer

plmayer Member

Ebay:
    Only MTMTE Swerve can pull off that crotch badge

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Thanks, man. And yea, I had to force myself not to put it on the chest originally, but once I detailed the upper body, I felt more ok with not adding it.

Indeed!

Bite away, man. I appreciate the suggestion!

It's not crooked in the fiction.

Truth!

11. Sarge133

Sarge133 Grimlock Nut

Ebay:
    Just got these in today!

Cogwheel had abit of sprue left on his foot, easy enough to clip off. No complaints otherwise, never had much attachment to Gears. Was in this for Swerve.

Trashtalk, looks like he's got abit of black/grey detailing in his chest already. So I won't be touching that, looks good as is. MFB and the drink tray is just tops. They look awesome!

Overall, I had a mild urge to put these in a MP display until I got them in hand. They are TINY! Commander-class size roughly. Not disappointed or anything, more impressed they were able to put so much in such a small package. These two will make perfect desk toys, expecially Trashtalk/Swerve.

12. RDprime

News Credits:
    Should have this guy by the time I'm done work today. Very excited.

After much thought, in order to make a decent lost light crew, I caved on the protector armor. As much as it pains me to say, I went with the knockoff version, simply could not afford the aftermarket prices on the original.

I ended up tracking down the FP upgrade set with the chromed wings and Offshoot, then tracked down the Dr Wu Face off kit in order to replace the stock face.

At least now Rodimus will stand a bit taller than he normally would and be bulkier. (Seriously, rodimus is the only classics figure that seems to get smallerin bot mode and larger in altmode. )

13. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Mine's out for delivery, but since it'll need a signature, I'll have to pick it up from the PO tomorrow... :( 

14. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

Still no update on my tracking number since it left NY on Thursday. Hope I see something soon.

15. Vexwing

Vexwing You are being deceived.

News Credits:
    Can't wait to get these once I'm home from work! My fiancé left work early because she wasn't feeling well; so on the one hand she'll be there to sign for it, on the other hand I'm going to get the glare for getting another package already after Whirl arrived last week.

I wonder how many times I can use the "but it's a member of the Lost Light crew" excuse before it gets old.

16. motorthing

motorthing Purple People Eating

News Credits:
    Mine's been in the UK 5 days now so that means:

1. HM customs have it and I'm about to get a ransom demand for it's release.

2. Royal Fail have lost it.

3. Royal Fail are just hopelessly slow and incompetent.

What kind of world do I live in where I have to hope for 3?

17. RDprime

News Credits:
    Damn...I didn't realize it went out registered mail! Wife just told me there's a notice in the mail box.."sorry we missed you." Why can't USPS be more like UPS and FedEx and just leave a package on the doorstep that's supposed to be signed for.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a little different, since the wife is going to be home.

18. Toonimator

Toonimator Well-Known Member

Yeah, I missed mine on Friday, but picked it up Saturday with no problems (luckily the local post office is a 'pick-up/return'-only on Saturdays, so no long line)

After playing with these some more (still haven't turned 'em back to alt-mode), Swerve's hands, his left hand especially, is kinda floppy like some have noted. The hands hold position nicely, but are on hair-triggers to flop around. Right hand's still sturdy enough to hold the MFB without wobbling everywhere, but this is nothing a bit of polish shouldn't fix. Gears' hands still seem fine… I've got him sporting the Shoomer for now.

I kinda wish they'd made it so Gears' feet had extra swivels in the middle of the feet, so you could flip the heels over and give him a broader, smoother surface to stand on. But he does pretty well anyway in standing!

Wonderful little guys… I hope they don't wait too long to reveal the next entries in the Manga Mech series! (and that we don't have to wait until next February to actually get them in-hand!)

19. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    No update on mine and I'm sure I'll miss usps so I will have to pick it up sat as usual. Bummer

20. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im seriously waiting for chimungmung(Tony)to get these in soon hopefully.