Maketoys Thunder Manus (Powermaster Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Aug 21, 2016.

?

Are you interested in getting this?

1. Yes

55.2%
  2. Maybe

27.0%
  3. No

17.8%
  1. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Here's a better size comparison photo I saw on twitter. If Striker Manus is like 7.5 inches tall then Thunder manus is somewhere between 8.5 -9 inches tall. Not a bad size, but I would mind him being a wee bit bigger. Takara's is a little taller at about 10.6 inches tall.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Joevette8

Joevette8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im down for the black repaint of this for sure, more teal in alt mode though than the other please

• Like Like x 1
  3. Destronus

Destronus These moments are goldern cherish them

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need both of them, hopefully Noir should be pretty close and Thunder should do nicely instead of Takara's PMOP

4. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

If you need rules for yourself to keep your collecting under control, I guess I get that. I tend to just buy stuff I really like, but I'm picky enough that my collection is still a manageable size.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    I'm the same way. I've been properly collecting for about a year and a half now, and I only have 3 3rd party figures. I haven't bought anything since Christmas. :D 

Like you, I guess I'm super picky, and I've trained myself to have relatively strong willpower so I only get something if I decide I definitely can't live without it. That's both an upside and a downside of being in different collecting 'fandoms' (TFs and anime). :) 

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Striker is an amazing incredible optimus figure all on his own. Whether he gets armor or not doesn't really matter that much since he's easily worth owning regardless. But he was never going to be used like a ginrai, he's not at all engineered for that. He is however engineered for armor and MT did say they would consider giving him a set one day. I suspect if that's to happen it'll first be released as a white striker with magnus parts and then that will be redeco'd for striker.

• Like Like x 1
  7. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

I've been convinced of this since we first saw Thunder Manus (Thunder Convoy at the time) and the Mad Max Magnus concept.

8. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

I'm well-aware of the "franken-Magnus" concept art, but I'm still gonna hope this guy also gets retooled into a proper 2-forms UM, that would make me sooooooo happy!

I also wonder what's gonna be of Rioter Despotron second form... it'd be pretty awesome if they take a clue or two from the Marauder Megatron upgrade from the scrapped 4th season of TF: Animated. I know this line follows its own design, but that'd be an heck of a solid base concept-wise to make your own powered-up Megs.

9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vehicle mode size will be interesting. striker is the same size as CHUG prime in truck mode but an inch taller in bot mode due to the chest sort of expanding.

Thunder could be the opposite - look at all those panels that have been folded up. If u unfold them u could create a rear trailer that's much larger, in part to hide bot its. The cab will definitely unfold add length

10. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One thing that makes me rally psyched, he's an actual Powermaster!

11. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Formerly Neo Vox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    So beefy. I'm looking forward to seeing the color layout.

12. Chainlink

Chainlink The Annihilator

You and me both. I really like the look of this figure, but he seems to be just two steps away from being one hell of a Magnus. I'm definitely holding off on the purchase of Thunder Manus in hopes a Magnus retool comes along since I don't need two of this mold.

13. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always love Powermaster Prime and this MT Thunder Manus is absolutely gorgeous I must say. With that, I would certainly approve a retool of this mold into UM. This mold has both a robust robot mode and a butt flap, that should give a good compliment to MP22 when the two UMs stand side by side. I will definitely take this retool over their red leg Mad-Max Franken-Magnus which to me seem out of place even in their CD Line.

LOL, that's the first thing I notice it too. But to be fair and unlike UM/MP22, the original Powermaster Prime toy entire back is all slab, flap, panel, that extend beyond his waist. So MT Thunder Manus can be forgiven. Overall, I thought MT Thunder Manus butt flap was designed much better compare to MP22 thin panel/sheet flap. I feel like the MP22 designer(s) just gave up at that point.

14. Alienmorph

The Frank-Magnus looks like an heavy retool of Striker Manus anyway, judging from the concept art, or at least the body proportions match ALOT.

So if thei're gonna re-use one of the Manus mold, why not the other?

I do hope they don't get stucked for too long around Manus, Despotron and the Seekers, as I desperately want at least a Cross-Dimension equivalent of Soundwave to show up too... but to get such a gorgeous-looking figure re-done as UM... yeah, it definately would be worth the extra wait for new characters/molds.

15. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Mad Max Magnus and the Seekers better be redesigned before they hit moulding stage.

I just hope Thunder Manus has at least 80% of the articulation of Striker.

If Megatron were to get an upgrade, I would suspect a jet or tank mode.

16. Alienmorph

I'd be okay with the "dino-killer" seekers, as long as the dino-bits can be taken off if I don't feel like using them. That would also make things easier on the sculpting and molding phase, as they wouldn't have to retool the seeker mold every time, but just give it different paint-job and accessories. We'll see.

I'm also rather curious to see what they'll do with Hummel/BB... he's obviously gonna be the smallest in the line so far, so maybe he'll come with some cool extra to justify the price-tag, like a weapons set, or some kind of upgrade for Manus, like a jetpack that could plug into those extra pegholes people have noticed it has multiple times.

Despotron/Megs would probably be relatively easy to turn from a gun to a cannon, and make it part of an hover-tank thing ala WfC, if it were to get an upgrade and not a second mold like Manus.

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's interesting they're doing two optimus-esque things in a row even if they aren't really the same character. I'll be interested in seeing what the little cab does, and if the powermaster is a minifig too.

18. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If that happens I hope we'll get a Diaclone Powered Convoy repaint of the set.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PrimeKnightlord

PrimeKnightlord Leader Class

this is monsterious alright.... to bad its not a add on kit for Striker ... :(  i was just thinking how awesome he would look in that..