Maketoys Thunder Manus (Powermaster Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Aug 21, 2016.

?

Are you interested in getting this?

1. Yes

55.2%
  2. Maybe

27.0%
  3. No

17.8%
  1. openchallenge

openchallenge It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it

Not feeling drawn to it atm. I'm distracted by the nemesis manus peeking into frame. Hopefully this one is a little toned down after the battle tanker version.

2. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

So this guy will be same height as a regular leader size.

3. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, that is not nearly X Dimension enough for me. :(  It needs tome seriously funky designs. It looks just like a regular PMOP.

4. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like a fairly early prototype

maybe an inch or two taller than the Striker Noir next to it?

Wish we had a drawn back angle

5. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I say upscale !!!!! (Waving my fist furiously )

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I really wanna see the tiny optimus transformed. I wonder if the power body will look decent even without him slotted in. Hopefully MT thought about a panel or something to make that work cause it would be a rad additional display option.

7. Destronus

Destronus These moments are goldern cherish them

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Hm, not really what I was hoping for. Truth be told, I was hoping that the regular Manus would form the core. (Well, maybe we get a Ultra Magnus from them like that -- idle hope, I know.) He's also a bit smaller than I would've hoped for.

That said, I'm kind of reconsidering my TT PMOP pre-order.

9. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'd be interested in this in a nemesis deco

• Like Like x 1
  10. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    If Striker formed the core this thing would cost like $400 and be bigger than MT's combiner sets. And its already bigger and better than takara's in every way so I don't see why you're so let down by it. We knew it was going to have its own mini optimus core and that would likely lead to a more ultra-ish sized figure months ago.

Its also not a mere magnus retool and unlike takara's actually has the cab bot as apposed to just a cab which is the fundamental defining factor of what makes super ginrai super ginrai imo.

11. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus? Powermaster Prime is a much different type of armor-up mode than Magnus armor would be.

12. Max Rawhide

Don't get me wrong: I'm not let down by this.

It's just I had hoped for a different design choice.

A design choice that would incorporate Manus (and giving me a reason to get that figure or a version of it -- I have no use for it in my collectio, but due to Marvel I want a Powermaster Optimus).

And I wasn't thinking of going the G1 route with Manus his truck forming part of the chest -- that would indeed make him very large and very expensive. I was thinking more along the lines of a trailer splitting up and forming part of the big robot.

13. Chainlink

Chainlink The Annihilator

Give him shoulder stacks, a new chest and Ultra Magnus colors. I'd be all over that.
    As I have no attachment to the character, I'm still on the fence. But damn if he doesn't look good.

14. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'd like to see comparison pics with some other 3Ps and see the vehicle mode before I make a decision, prob def all in on the inevitable nemesis ver and hopefully it puts that other 3P ver to shame, actually, comparison of Has, Takomy and that 3P to this would do wonders to help people make some decisions

15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, no butt flap discussion?? 3rd party forever!!!

16. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

I don't think I'll ever understand that mindset. The only reason you need is that Striker Manus is a fantastic figure. Does collecting casts just help you focus your purchasing so you don't go broke? Can't you bend your own arbitrary rule?

17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Looks alright, but not for me, glad i went with Striker Manus instead. Hope they do an armor for it one day, but if not, that will be ok.

18. Max Rawhide

Simply said, I could. And likely could afford it, even though I have to watch my expenses rather more closely.

However, I have to draw a line. In 2007 I realised I had over 500 TF's and if I hadn't drawn a line there and then, selling stuff and being more restrictive, I would now have well over a 1000 TF's. (A friend of mine is approaching 3000.) I've now managed to bring it back to 400+ figures (official and 3rd party), and honestly that's still too much. I don't want to have that many, but everytime I sell one, I do so with regret because I did buy that figure for a reason.

So, could I buy Manus? Sure I could. But the only reason would be that it's a good figure. If I bought every figure that was good or fanatstic just for the reason that it was a good figure, my collection would become way too large. I've therefor put restrains on myself. When I buy something it must be a good figure and also have a place in my collection. Manus doesn't fit that second part.

(Actually, a PM Optimus wouldn't either -- heck, I've only justified MP-10 by making him part of the MP Diaclones -- but I loved the Marvel PM Optimus.)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have similar issues with lack of space and I realized I kept buying many of the same basic figure over and over. One of the reasons I switched to 1/6 over the smaller figures, except for some characters, (Stupid frigging Iron man armors) most of the time I can just get 1 version of a character and leave it at that. If a new costume comes out 1/2 the time you can just find the costume by it's self.

With Transformers though, you still can find yourself buying yet another Prime or Megatron if it's for a new show or is a better sculpt. Add in 3rd party, and I try to hold myself back as much as I can.

The good, we have a lot of option and a lot of cool figures coming out.
    The Bad they are coming out fast and there may be too many options, so as soon as you buy one a better version is announced.

20. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I thought