Maketoys Thunder Manus (Powermaster Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Aug 21, 2016.

?

Are you interested in getting this?

1. Yes

55.3%
  2. Maybe

27.0%
  3. No

17.7%
  1. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

can that armor transform into an individual god bomber bot?

2. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    No.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HADRON

HADRON .1%R

Ok. First of all. Done. Clicked on. Ordered. Bought the t shirt. Love how MT figs are so solid and pose able.

Second, Maketoys big feet rule.Stop hating the big feet. Everyone who hates them also loves G1 so it makes no sense. Back off the feets.

That said.. my 2 cents.. MT, Add weight to those big feet and rubber or fake rubber texture tires to more of your figs and you will have more of my money.
    3rd.
    Why is everyone going full bitchcakes over this stuff not being accurate?
    A) It's 3p. How can they make it 100% accurate without a license infringement?

B) Pretty sure this is their "Cross Dimension" series spin off of their own take on the subject of TF's. Meaning it's 3p AND an alt storyline. So why would it be accurate to G1 style TF's?
    Buy a different drink and pass on the hateraide.

This fig is bitchin. I'm in.

• Like Like x 4
  4. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The rubber pads under the feet is something more companies in general should be doing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Personally my issue isn't with the size of the feet, I love but chunky robot feet. On this mould it's the way they don't actually connect. There's no plug in or real attachment, the regular feet just sit on top of the super mode ones and it's so obvious. If there was some piece to clip them together or clamp around them to seem like one big piece I'd be happier. It's a small issue though and not one that will really detract from my enjoyment.

6. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that was intentional. In God Ginrai mode his ankles are lower and use their own dedicated ankle to keep the aesthetics of a good looking ankle rather than using the super ginrai ankle and looking like he broke his leg. It's kind of trade off, but the joints are solid enough where it doesn't seem like it is going to be a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HADRON

HADRON .1%R

I can dig.

8. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Holy shit.

All the Cross Dimensions goodness you can handle, for... less than what I paid to get PMOP Prime with the PE upgrades.

I have to buy this.

I hate myself for it, but I cannot say no.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lbock

lbock Well-Known Member

Why would you hate yourself? This figure looks incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

i know it was asked a while back if the armor can be put on without the small cab in the figure and the answer to that would be yes, it is totally possible. The armor does attach to the sides of the trailer part and is held in place there. Problem is that there is then a large gaping hole between the chest and the head that is pretty hard to look past. Now, if you fill that in with a piece of cardboard painted red then you are good to go! You can display the big one and the small one together if you wish.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 3
  11. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    December feels like a long time off........

12. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Anyone else already excited for the mere potential of this guy in Fire Guts Ginrai colors? Sixo's pics today certainly have me convinced he'd look amazing in orange and red and gold.

22180084_1876201176042317_5616181616137604062_o.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

.....Awwww, fuck.

Okay, experts, what all are the options for contemporary God Ginrais? Because I think I need Thunder Manus now and I have to look at the other offerings first.

14. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Will there be a white version one day?

15. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    As far as I'm aware, there's this guy, Takara's, and FansHobby's if you're wanting one bigger than your house. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  16. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Not sure why their ever would be. But they might make a white striker manus at some point.

If you want big for bigs sake then fanshobby's is bigger but I honestly don't like much about it myself and I'm never one to be sold on size alone. And frankly I don't think theirs any comparison to be made between this set and the official offerings other than well they're ginrais also, I guess. For the amount you'd spend on one of those plus pe's upgrades you'd have this guy and his armor for less and have a much much better toy set overall.

• Like Like x 4
  17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

If you want G1 look / Masterpiece size, then I think Fanshobby looks very good, but not sure it is a God Ginrai (dont remember if it will or not have wings / shoulder cannon option).

Otherwise, for the money, at least for the ultimate combined robot mode, Maketoys is a heck of a fantastic option, wouldnt you agree?

I can only see the MT being bested by Perfect Effect if they were doing the whole thing (and not using part of the Takara / Hasbro mold in any way), but they are alot more expensive (but alot more detailed too for each individual parts). If PE makes the full one and not just upgrades for Takara (maybe they are planning and i havent been following), then their existing modes of the small Prime is MUCH superior to the MT one, that is more for the sake of having it. So it would be more playable/perfect in the many forms. That said, i think many will just have it in the ultimate form, so.... MT pricing and offer is just too good I think.

• Like Like x 2
  18. lbock

lbock Well-Known Member

Fanshobby hasn't announced a Godbomber add-on to their PMOP, but they probably will. They are the only one making a Masterpiece sized version.

You could get the Takara set for $165. If you want a core optimus prime for PMOP, you have to spend an extra $65-$135 on Perfect Effect upgrades. The Takara set is really finicky and has trouble standing up.

I think the Maketoys version is the best option overall. It's the cheapest, looks better than Takara, and is probably going to be a better toy to play with. I have the Thunder Erebus already and there is no comparison between the quality of that figure and the Takara PMOP.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Cogwheels

Cogwheels Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure Fanshobby have confirmed a Godbomber is coming, they just haven't revealed it yet

• Like Like x 1
  20. lbock

lbock Well-Known Member

You're right, they announced it at the end of April as MB-11. The Fanshobby PMOP looks fantastic if you are into that scale. The FH PMOP is around $200. I'm assuming MB-11 will probably be around $100 based on their other pricing.

• Like Like x 1