Maketoys Thunder Manus (Powermaster Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Aug 21, 2016.

?

Are you interested in getting this?

1. Yes

59.2%
  2. Maybe

23.0%
  3. No

17.8%
  1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think we've ever gotten indication of that.

I think the reason the armour doesn't transform into Godbomber is because MakeToys wanted to maintain their figure's sleek sense of proportion. A proper Godbomber would puff out the chest a whole lot (or add even more mass to the backpack), and results in those massive platform shoes. Instead, he's got a thin chestplate and heel add-ons to keep things trim.

On top of that, it would have added a lot to the figure's budget. We saw what happened when TakaraTomy did earlier this year. If you give actual limbs to Godbomber (compared to the stumpy G1 version), you wind up with a robot practically the same size as PMOP/Super Ginrai himself.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome to the TF fandom.If you gave us an apple,we will complain about it not being an orange.If you sold a perfect tf figure,we will complain why it's priced the way it's priced.Heck if you gave the perfect tf for free,we'll probably complain that it's a scam and turn your world and perspective into a really,really dark place.

Welcome to the club,how may we complain for you,aka us,today?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure the armour will clip around the plates either side of the PMOP Prime head. Sure it won't clip on to the chest if mini-Prime is not there but it may still work. The rest of the armour does not need the mini-Prime as the pieces plug directly into the suit.

4. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Like all the other Cross Dimension stuff, this looks awesome, and I probably won\'t buy it.

5. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

Well that doesn't suck! And not being sarcastic. Just when I thought I was out. They pull me back in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This looks damn good. Um what is it? In the cross dimension what is the story on pmop?

7. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel as though, even though the cab portion is too tiny for it, I may just use the full armored up dude as my Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to see this with Legends size figures.

9. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in. I have no connection to Godbomber, but this will be my CHUG God Ginrai. I was going to get the box set from Takara with both and the 2 Titan Masters, but this is cheaper, and already looks better built, and I am completely enamored with my other MTCD figures. I had no reason to get Thunder Erebus, but this just got bumped up to "must have" status.

I can't wait for combined mode pics of the actual figure!

• Like Like x 1
  10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks for the picture. The "trailer" looks like @rse candle, to be honest. Also, I'm not talking about a fully transformable God Bomber, but rather one that parts formed like the current version in that picture AND how the G1 version did (which also did so as it was changed from a fully transformable version to parts forming to save money).

As for cost, I'm sure people who wanted this would be more than happy to pay a little more for a better figure and/or demand the same price for a better figure. If price was so important, attempt even an alt mode for the armour it even include it at all? I'm sure people would have (or will) bought/buy it without the extra pieces, for less money.

As it is, that extra armour looks like a half-baked product.

11. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

Indeed. Did you know that the original Godbomber was designed to transform fully, but was cut to save money?

Cheers! That's very empathic of you. I wasn't going to buy this anyway, due to the strange size of the cab/transtector not firing in with CHUG/Legends. However, I'm sure there are people out there that are as annoyed as you say, which is why I was annoyed.

Regardless, someone here did an amazing digibash of this mold as Armada Ultra Magnus (and by extension, we can imagine it as Overload). That would be great as the cab WAS small, due to it being a Minicon. I'd love to see that made from this mold.

What's the stink over Galaxy Meteor? I watched a video review and wasn't so impressed with it. Something about it looking just like the original with no real noticeable differences, apart from the price? I remember something being not quite right about it, but can't remember what it was, which killed my interest.

Could you elaborate or pop me a link to the moaning and groaning about that figure, please?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
  12. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

I just might cancel my Striker Manus preorder for this.

13. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like the inaccurate shoulders, but I like everything else.

Can I buy it without the Godbomber parts? Really dont want those

14. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

The Truck cab IS Legends scale. The final figure is Leader-ish.

15. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

I'm sure you can sell them to someone who is looking to paint them to match their thunder erebus... lots of people are hoping those parts will be released for him and it's not very likely that they will be

16. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Curious. Inaccurate to what?

17. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could be wrong, but I think the odds of getting an Armada Ultra Magnus is pretty slim considering that Galaxy Meteor wasn't selling. Maketoys doesn't have a history of multiple recolors/retools like other companies. I think in general that PMOP and Nucleon Quest sell better than Armada figures. I do think they should have made their Armada/Cybertron line at CHUG scale because they could have just integrated it into the Cross Dimension line rather than creating a one off line.

As far as Thunder Erebus not being 100% accurate, I would rather have a great figure than an accurate figure. The Cross Dimension line isn't about accuracy anyway, it's about highly articulated and playable figures. I was just really disappointed by the Takara PMOP/God Ginrai figure because of how fiddly everything is. It doesn't stand well, has barely any articulation to speak of, and a lot of the parts don't stay together that well. I would get this MT version of PMOP over the Takara version any day.

• Like Like x 1
  18. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Those are good points. I've actually been customising my official Takara Ginrai with paint and PE add-ons and even after using varnish on the red heel spurs, the inner "ankle" simply can't support the toy, which is arguably more appalling design on TT's part than in MT's part with a lack of God Bomber.

I'm planning on adding stickers from both the Reprolabels Titans Return Optimus Prime AND the God Jinrai set (silver trailer stripes, etc) and replacing the white outlined shoulder symbols with either silver or foil backed versions. I'm going to paint the upper thighs of Optimus silver, too. Basically, I'm going to add silver paint and chrome stickers to the parts that were such on the G1 toy and really Terry to give a G1 toy look to it. This is because apart from the (UK?) comics, PM OP didn't really have much of an imprint except for the toy for me as a kid.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The accuracy comments somehow miss the fact that cross dimension is a reimagining of these characters. Its bot supposd to be strict g1 or whatever cannon

• Like Like x 1
  20. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's pretty evident in the tfw thread especially,w/ some people complaining about how the forearm guards and its colours were inversed,how the face is too exaggerated to be galaxy force starscream and that the head does not have vents where the gray lines are etc etc.

Imo?I don't necessary care for 100% accuracy even when i'm particularly attached to a singular character as long as I can look at it and definitely,hands down tell that it's meant to represent the character unlike others who care for these sort of things;But it upsets me when people shit on a figure just because it has 1 or 2 minor "flaws".One person brought up a good point with it being so close to perfect,but i still don't see the point.That's my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017