Maketoys Remaster Silverback (not-Apeface)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I had any say in it, they would actually add a feature into them where Apeface and Snapdragon would combine in jet mode in the same way as Dreadwing. Because Leader sized jet mode combiners are awesome.

[​IMG]

2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

As you can see in my sig, I'm very excited for this guy but after my initial drooling my I have opened and I'm now seeing all that kibble under his arms, it looks rather unsightly. I understand all the things this figure will be able to do but it still looks unsightly, I hope it can be addressed!?

3. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I'm all about dat G1. Scared of compromises to bot/alt that might be required for any such superjet gattai. Besides, the 2 jets don't really look like they'd mesh well stylistically.

I'll get my jet-on-jet combining action from Buster/Hydra. Now THAT's a G1 gattai I'm waiting for.

You mean the back kibble? That's classic Apeface; couldn't imagine him not having it! Hopefuly it will be able to move out of the way somewhat so it doesn't impeded arm movement too much. I'm optimistic. MT hasn't let me down so far with their Headmasters.

4. malware5

Erm.. that's classic G1 toy Apeface, masterpiece Apeface is what I want, something like this;

Attached Files:

5. Oshboggy

What I really like about the MT Headmasters is that thus far, they've been getting that blend of toy and toon right for my tastes.

I find myself wishing for toy influences and references in the high-end TF stuff we're getting, because in contrast to an often poorly-animated and inconsistently drawn cartoon, the toys have rather more detail that can fairly be accepted as unique/iconic to a character. TT has currently abandoned that balance in favour of "Sunbow yo", driving me further in to the warm and waiting arms of 3P. And for the MT Headmasters, they've given more than passing nods to the toys, which is great IMO.

Horses for courses. Well, at least FT has now thrown its hat into the MP Headmaster ring - that Weird Wolf of theirs seems very toon-inspired, just like the rest of their MP stuff. Maybe you'll get your MP toon Apeface sooner rather than later, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

I'm really glad that Apeface and Snapdragon (holy grail characters of mine) both have mouthplates. Lowers the chances of 3p designers messing up their faces.

• Like Like x 1
  7. malware5

I know toy homages when I see it and I also know unsightly kibble when I see it, and that is unsightly kibble, something that looks like it belongs on a toy made in the 80's with limited technology and not on something claiming to be masterpiece made in 2016 (I hope!).

Sorry but that is a rather lame justification for all the kibble, toy homages, what next, you'll be telling me that you would have been happy if the MP-12 molds legs were stuck together and couldn't move...just like the G1 toy!?

QFT. Also given how Apeface's Japanese and Sunbow counterparts were identical, there is no need to worry if the they go the Japanese G1 route which they seem to have gone with both their headmasters so far...then again knowing my luck and maketoys fetish for anything but Sunbow G1 toon accuracy on their masterpieces, they'll probably give him his G1 toy face which is just plain grey..yay!

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried to cleanup the picture of Silverback. Got this:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the kibby is unsightly, but I am still getting this. Between the two apes: this one and PE Gorira, I am betting this one is better.

10. malware5

Haha, me too, other than that it's spot on!

11. Oshboggy

Well, we're just going to have to partially disagree on that. It is botmode kibble in that it's transformy stuff for another mode that doesn't get out of the way, but I also think it's a legit toy homage in that it gives Apeface a distinctive cape/backpack that lends itself to a bulky, somewhat brutish "apeshape" even in bot mode. A powerful kind of look that's kind of missing from the more generic toon bot.

That was a lot of "its".

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    So excited for this. Apeface was always one of my fav headmasters. Him and snapdragon <3

13. malware5

So kibble in a nutshell, and the second highlighted bit for me is interchangeable with unrefined look, it doesn't look brutish or powerful to me, it seems amateurish, it ruins his silhouette, an element of a strong design.

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

14. Oshboggy

Glad that MT's got my .... "back" ... on this one, then.

Ahahaha :p 

15. malware5

Well played!

:lol 

16. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Fem-Bot I have no Mum, she choked on it ;)

News Credits:
    Apeface was one of my favorites, I'm excited about this.

17. kvazimorda

kvazimorda Innocent

Ebay:
    very excited as well

but what bugs me is MTRM-15
    the last one we had was MTRM-07

that'll be a loooot of waiting

18. GeeWunder

GeeWunder Well-Known Member

Little bummed they keep teasing new stuff when they showed nothing of their Darkwing/Dreadwind combo, or Highbrow or Brainstorm. Or the Autobot Targetmasters. But hey, keep the ready/fire/aim coming I guess :D 

19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the first MTRM figure was actually MTRM-07 Visualizers :) . God, that was SO LONG ago. Oh wait, it's just last year, then it's 01, then it's 02, 03, 05, and 04. And we've still only gotten silhouettes for 11.

Will it be a long wait? Yeah, will it be super long? Nah. Next year.

20. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Awesome news! Damn so many must have shown from this year tfcon 2016! I cant wait to see more images of Apeface!