Maketoys MTRM-9 Downbeat ( MP Jazz )

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Deductor

Deductor Banned

lol that's worse than the complaining eyemoe <~imo haha "GET IT, GET IT"? knee slapped then I slapped the horse. Lol just playing. Send me the tomatoes via priority 2day please, never trust ground. Excited for some kinda MP Jazzy Jazz . Maketoys takes care of their customers so I'm pretty happy they're the ones to be pushing the good G1 tune

2. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Those who dont like the grey and want all the paint glory will complain once or twice only, and then go to the toyworld one and buy that (which happens to be cheaper and more die cast), or wait for Takara.

The ones that stay and complain over and over are mostly here because, they want this product ALOT, not TW, not some unknown they dont know what till look like, but genuinely unhappy MT isnt following the silver paint the other carbots are following, or the painted white (except for MP Wheeljack, which didnt have it). They are not trying to convince the rest they are doing right, they want their voice being heard so that MT can step up and do a second release. Things like the alt mode backend cannot be changed, only thing i can imagine is something goes over it to hide it. But when fans complain about paint, that means they want THIS mold, but with "proper" paint apps. Can they paint it, sure they can. You and I do that, well, you do alot more. But not everyone has done this before, and paint can rubb off, and there are extra costs (and skill), and this is an "expensive" figure for it's size (compared to other similar sized carbots) so wanting MT to make a second repaint isnt unfair expectations. Unfortunately, i dont think the MT guy looks at this forum...at least from my talk with him a few years ago, but maybe he didnt want to admit...).

In my case, just waiting on that amazing deal i may never get...or till something makes me trigger, or i just pick it up locally at a convention (i was pretty impressed with MT Hellfire in person, i didnt want to let it go, seller wasnt too happy kept posing his display piece...). Though i would prefer if MT announced a premium version of this Jazz, i just dont think that will happen from MT, but we never know.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The unpainted gray plastic feet probably bug a lot of people in particular because of the type or mix of the plastic used that has those swirl marks in it that make it very obvious that it's unpainted. Sometimes a solid color plastic can get away with being unpainted and look fine. This is not one of those times, especially when the rest of the figure looks pretty stunning.

@boomerdave I've noticed for MMC and OcMax products, TD seems to get them quickest, and for MakeToys and Iron Factory, TCP seems to get them quickest.

• Like Like x 3
  4. witeter

witeter Well-Known Member

I think this Jazz looks great, however I will wait for Takara as I am extremely happy with the MP botcars I have from them, I think they excel in that category.

• Like Like x 1
  5. robh

robh Decepticon

For me it's mostly because there IS painted silver directly above it, so it seems unfinished. If the silver painted parts were just grey plastic, it wouldn't stick out as much to me. It's like the FT Insecticons. The painted purple diecast just looks odd next to the unpainted purple plastic. It's definitely not a deal breaker (I have all the insecticons, and I'm buying Downbeat), but it's just a bit disappointing. I will say this though...:deadhorse: 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
  7. Thibkaji

Thibkaji Well-Known Member

These guys are super-fast shipping out their items. Same day for in-stock, and like someone else mentioned, they ship out new release pre-orders pretty much same day they get them in. I've pretty much switched almost all my purchases to TCP. Top-notch customer service, and the rewards program doesn't hurt!

• Like Like x 1
  8. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just had a thought.

Maybe Maketoys thought the grey plastic would look better. I don't know if anyone has Planet X's FOC Optimus or Starscream, but the metallic red and blue plastic they got looks freaking amazing to me. The swirl isn't detracting and doesn't show in pictures, on the other hand the plastic also looks better in hand than pictures. Maketoys could of just thought the shins/feet would of turned out as nice as Planet X's stuff and it was too late to in the process to paint them.

Just throwing another idea on the pile for this dead horse. White thighs might of saved the poor horse.

9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Never. It must be beaten at all costs.

Or until most ppl get it in hand an we can move on with on the shelf pics. Then when it's sold out and for some strange reason no other version, besides TW, is forthcoming we need to batten down the hatches for the complaints of after market costs.

And then the cycle is complete *cough* Sunsurge *cough*

• Like Like x 3
  10. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In case anyone missed it, in the Weibo review that Cheem posted a link to yesterday, there was a link to a 20 minute Chinese video review on YouKu:

飞天小女警&冥王星:MT爵士把玩分享—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

The video review contains a longer look at the transformation (making it look a bit more fiddly than the official review), comparisons alongside Sideswipe, Smokescreen and MP-10, a demonstration of all the articulation points (there's a lot), and a decent idea of how he handles. His main problem seems to be a tendency for the chest to come apart during handling and panels on the sides of the shins that don't tab in properly. Looks like he handles pretty nicely other than that.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Hopefully someone will up it on YT, Youku is a bitch to play on my phone for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  12. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Shortly... :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I foresee a sunsurge 2.0 situation. I don't see Downbeat/Coolsville being a Gundog/Willis situation. I don't know why people sit on good, albeit not perfect, figures. History points to high secondary market prices until reissue (if it happens).

14. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  15. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    pineapple pen! what did I just watch

16. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Pen Pineapple Apple Pen, for the win!

17. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

This is always the canundrum with multiple 3P MPs of the same character. Does one wait for something else to come along that may be more "perfect"? The problem with that is, what if that something else isn't better, and aftermarket prices get nuts for the one already sold-out?

I don't normally do doubles of characters and I'm not sure if I want to spend $100+ on something I'm not totally on-board with if it's just a placeholder. However, I'm not confident an official release would actually fare any better, either. Jazz is such an iconic and long-awaited character that I may just roll the dice on this one and see what else turns up down the road, knowing at least I have a Jazz that's not half bad.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont know why but it seems I downloaded a low res version of it :( 

• Like Like x 6
  19. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I don't mind gray plastic as opposed to unpainted. I don't like the gray swirly plastic though, but maybe it is more durable than the regular plastic, and that section gets a lot of stress? I'm not sure?

I always get worried about scuffing with painted silver thighs. My MP Ironhide came out of the box with bad blemishes on the legs.

20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    as

Fantastic, thanks for the share, i think this is one of the good reviewers.

• Like Like x 2