Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I can see how a lot of folks aren't excited about characters they already have MPs of....

Me? I'm very excited.
    I still have MP-3 Walscream and while the MP-11 looks to be an improvement, not a huge one. Much better head. And costs too much, enough so I've never bought it.

And MP Starscream is by far my least favorite MP. As others have said here, it's not a very high bar to make a better one. And I like Maketoys' work, so I'm very excited to see what they do with this. Those legs look way better for one so far. I will need a very small nudge to get an improved seeker mold.

2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I will be interested in seeing how effectively they hide the tail fins and/or how clean the legs look...even if I don't think I can be convinced to drop another $450 on a set I've already bought twice now.

3. Grimmrock

Grimmrock Dinobot

I don't get it. Why not spend the development time on the second trio of seekers that everyone wants versus yet another rendition of Starscream? Drives me nuts that I have Acid Storm and Sunstorm, but no Thrust, Dirge, or Ramjet.

4. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^This. I was thinking of getting the hip kibble mp06 skywaro just because the mold is slightly different from the mp11 one. I have thundercracker in that. but i really really want coneheads

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    it don't take maketoys long to show us a proto or render does it?

6. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seconded

7. Megatron118

Megatron118 I <3 Linkin Park

I don't own any MP seekers, so this is definitely a win for me

8. Felixman

Felixman Well-Known Member

Lesse... I got Walmart Skywarp from the original MP Seeker design. I got Starscream from the updated MP-11. That means I need this dude in Thundercracker colors so I can have all three... and all three look a bit different! MWAHAHAHAA!

9. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I'd dump my official Seekers in a heart beat if something came along that I thought looked better. Hell, not even a huge fan of MP-10. It would be awesome if FTs or somebody had the balls to do a Prime that is actually toon accurate as MP-10 really isn't that much from the waist down, not to mention the color is not correct either. I don't have brand loyalty at all, whoever makes the product I think works best in my collection gets the money. It would've been better for them to start with Coneheads though, imo.

10. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Lesser Known Member

YES! The coneheads are a huge hole in my MP collection and I don't want to spend $1000 for the igear ones.

11. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like calling him "Owling Meteo".

12. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

In the words of Megatron: "Never! NEVER!"

13. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

I only bought Coronation Starscream, so I wouldn't ditch him. I'd definitely look at picking up other seekers, though.

14. superscream

superscream Well-Known Member

I agree. The MP11 has a perfect alt mode; the bot mode could be improved. I suppose MakeToys will do the reverse: better bot mode and worse alt mode. Too bad I have the entire set already, but I would definitely consider dirge, ramjet and thrust. Maybe I'll just get MT Starscream to go with Takara Skywarp and Thundercracker? That way at least Starscream is a better mold reflecting his status.

Maketoys better make a version with hip rotation. The lack of hip rotation and the loose sliding body are the worst things on MP11.

15. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

Would be great if all the seekers had different head molds like the MP Datsun trios.

16. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering how dated the MP-03/11 mold is, there is a huge change this will look better which means that my old MP seekers will leave the house at Mach 2 once I see proto pics.

17. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

They should just throw out the rainmakers and the welcoming committee. People who have the MPs and iGear coneheads would gobble those up for completionist sake.

18. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

There's a lot of room for improvement over the official mold, not the least of which is size. The only one I have is the walmart skywarp and his wing hinge is broken so I'm in the market for a new MP seeker or two (I've never been an "all the seekers" kind of guy) and this could easily suplant the official one.

Need to see more before the TRU release hits. Get to it, maketoys!

19. outsider

outsider Seeker

Well one thing is for sure - we're up to 10 pages and all we have is a shadow... definitely some interest in this one way or the other.

I personally own MP03 who I place to replace with the new TRU MP... but I'll admit I'll be keeping on eye on this.

20. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Does any one actually know that this is going to be MP sized? I mean the I have heard people asking for classics scale seekers for a while now.