Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really wish there was a new well written g1 animated series using this artwork.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Looking at the pics again I really love this guy. I can live with a couple of extra hinges on the tailfins given how clean the robot mode ends up.

But... that face needs to be fixed and at least as good as the default Downbeat face. Right now, from what I can see of it, that face is a deal breaker.

Multiple facial expressions are also a must, especially for Starscream. Can you imagine a smirking face as well as a "Megatron is about to kick my ass face"?! Pairing him up with MP-36 and his range of facial expressions would be so amazing!

3. Bianyaqi

Bianyaqi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I took another look at him today and got my camera as close as the glass display would let me. (The MakeToys guy looked kinda nervous about it, actually.) I got a couple of close ups of the head area (one with flash, the other without.) Someone requested a look at the jet undercarriage, so I got as much of that as I could. And then there are some pics with the rest of the MakeToys display, so you can get a very general idea of how tall/big he is. Enjoy!
    DSCF4528.JPG DSCF4529.JPG DSCF4553.JPG DSCF4554.JPG DSCF4555.JPG DSCF4556.JPG DSCF4557.JPG DSCF4558.JPG DSCF4559.JPG

• Like Like x 15
  4. Bianyaqi

News Credits:
    In fairness, the head on the proto that I and others have been taking pictures of is angled to where the character is looking down, so you're not getting a straight-on shot. It skews the perspective just a tad.

5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Excellent work! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

So much this! There are so many creative people and talented voice actors on youtube who put their fanvids online, but their efforts are quite limited because they have to reuse the G1 and Headmasters footage over and over again.
    I'd love a proper sequel to the Rebirth episodes. Set a few decades in the future and written for a more mature audience. The cast should be a mix of returning old and new characters. Those youtube guys should team up and launch a Kickstarter campaign!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Clearly blows the official one in every category! Glad I sold them off in time.

8. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

Head seems in proportion. Now he just need a few different facial expressions!

9. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    looks like a smiling face. so multiple faces confirmed?

10. Bianyaqi

News Credits:
    Nothing confirmed. No extra accessories were on display at all.

I tried asking the MakeToys guy about him, but he thought I was wanting to buy Contact Shot, and he kept telling me I couldn't buy it yet. He spoke no English and my Chinese sucks. Also, he really seemed like he didn't want to be there and super didn't want to talk to me, apart from telling me I could buy Striker Noir, which is nice, but I don't want it. So all the questions I had about release date, target MSRP, etc. didn't get asked, much less answered.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Lol

34198501742_b41624a4b9_b.jpg

Mp36 can handle his subordinates just fine. He doesn't have to resort to eating them ;) 

Which, incidentally, I'm so glad MT have sacked off doing aesthetically with their puffy figures. Jazz and this benefit massively from it.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

Questions I have:

"When?"

"Will Maketoys give us decent paintapps so we don't have to resort to Reprolabels?"

13. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Most of your questions can be answered with a little thought.

Multiple faces should be expected. Multiple faces have been included with each release since Gundog (even Ironwill actually) so I would expect same goes here. Even if multiple faces are not provided with the SS release I would assume with 95% accuracy that and TC or SW release would not have the same face.

Price should also be pretty easy to predict. My guess is somewhere between Cupola and Despotron. I would lean more on the Despotron side for 2 reasons, Cupola is old now and the complexity of the mold itself.

Release I can assure you this year. As we are in 2nd quarter now and Protos are being shown and MT's previous record I would assume a late 3rd or early 4th quarter release. 6 months from now would not be out of the question.

As for paint, well you can see how cartoon accurate the actual bot mode is. I would assume, again with fairly sure accuracy, that it will sport some cartoon accurate paint also.

All these answers are just from extrapolating from previous experience of how MT operates. Don't quote all of this as gospel but I am pretty sure you can feel confidant in all of this.

This is an impressive figure and when you look at it you would assume it is similar in transformation to MP-3 or any of the Takara versions but I can assure you it is not. Some surprises are there for you!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

Paint them like this, and price them under $100 and you have a sale Maketoys.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
  15. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    yes. as long as that blue becomes a baby blue i would be fine with that

• Like Like x 1
  16. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Hmmmm, can't quite get an impression of size from those photos. I really need to see him next to offical soundy, or right next to one of their reflector bots.

I'm excited by this guy's look, but if he's not bigger than MP11 or if he's equally a pain in the ass to transform then he's not quite what I'm looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. I want him to be at least mp soundwave size. If not I'll just keep my mp3 seekers in alt mode

18. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Hahahahaha.

Try $175 as a starting point. $150 minimum. Despotron is about that and this is a similar size, and as Takaras prices go up, so do third parties.

19. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    3rd party prices are down actually.

20. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):