Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, thanks for posting these I can see things I was missing before. Still not enough to get me to pull the trigger on this guy but it's a big improvement over what Takara is bringing to the table. Very nice!

2. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

Thanks! Pics are one thing, but in hand Meteor is a very solid figure... & sadly Takara seekers are & have always been a floppy mess. I forgot how annoying handling a Takara seeker figure was until I used Starscream for these pics. Every time you pick these seekers up they come apart somewhere... even YESModel/BB7 improved the design. It's sad to know the official & most expensive of all the seeker figures is likely the worse in quality. Can't wait to see the rest of these guys done by Maketoys. Hopefully the coneheads are next!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Member

Great pics, and I very much agree, Meteor is a fantastic figure! I have minimal issues with it, really. I might have preferred the color on the face sculpt be just a hair lighter, but even that is a very minor nitpick. I did buy a set of the shin thrusters from jream because they really look like they make an already great figure even better, but aside from that and adding the decepticon symbols, I don’t think I’m going to do much else to mine.

4. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

Thanks! I also ordered the shin thrusters & the chest vents. Looking forward to adding them to this guy.
    Does jream usually provide tracking info before shipping out? This is my first purchase from him.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  5. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Member

He sent me tracking info for the thrusters, when he shipped them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Got these quicker than expected, along with @jream 's shin enhancers. I'll snap some quick pics tomorrow. I also need to find a paint to match for the wing fillers since they only come in ultra frosted detail from Shapeways.

7. jream

jream PRO DESIGN TFW2005 Supporter

Yes he does.... he emailed it to you earlier this week.:cool: 

• Like Like x 4
  8. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Well played sir,well played

9. myoung555

myoung555 Well-Known Member

You must not own a single XTB or Badcube figure.

10. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    XTB I have Andras, Klaatu, and Paean.

BadCube I have their Insecticons, Sunsurge, Brawny, and Huff. I've transformed them all a couple of times. Sunsurge was probably the most involved of the combined XTB/BC bunch, but even then I don't think he was particularly difficult.

You know who I'm almost certainly never going to transform again? Sovereign. While not exactly difficult, Spindrift is WAAAAAY more complicated than he needed to be. And I flat out refused to buy Koot or Apache... I watched a few reviews and decided I just didn't need that kind of aggravation in my life.

(To be totally fair, though, Apollyon and Eligos both look like nightmares to transform, and yeah, I think they're in the running for PITA transformations, but BadCube's reputation seems pretty exaggerated.)

11. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Anybody have any thoughts on the fingers? The ones on mine are stuck in the trigger-pull position and really don't seem to want to move without breaking. Is that a common problem? Should I just push em?

12. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    • Like Like x 3
  13. xcorpeo

xcorpeo Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Seeing that he's restocked recently got me pulling him out for some pics
    IMG_20180507_221835_972.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. cybertronwarriors

cybertronwarriors @cybertronwarriors on Instagram

Instagram:
    I’m really trying to like this guy, even repainted his face (which helped a lot) and bought the additive shins and intakes (which by the way are great and a massive improvement), but I just can’t get pass the bad facesculpt, tiny hands (not to mention the weird plastic the hands are made of), and MakeToys’ rendition of cartoon aesthetics. It’s definitely an improvement in some ways over Takara’s, mostly in the poseability area. Well, frankly it DEMOLISHES Takara in that area. No question. No contest. But other than that, I still prefer Takara’s. Neither are the definitive Seekers I dream of yet. So I might (or might not) sell this guy and wait for a Takara V3 (if that very happens) or another 3P. Still undecided. However, if I were to buy all my Seekers again, I would go with MakeToys’ all the way. Or have both and build a massive seeker army. Haha.

639F96AF-4AF7-4F22-BDF2-6D50CAC4F44C.png F337B9ED-54AB-4450-A392-0877B88DA5D7.png 0D0096F3-1B18-4B83-8929-F98330B1116C.png ABFDADAA-5183-43A6-82F6-0A9D1F42DB45.png 42095220-39AC-4EF9-836C-A8C118BABE8C.png

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  15. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    The face looks much better now. What color did you use?

• Like Like x 1
  16. cybertronwarriors

Instagram:
    1031E61C-02A8-49CE-B676-B9C6A40175AE.jpeg
    Tamiya TS67. Top notch paint for toys :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

Aside from a little nitpicking, like the vents on top being reversed (slanted part should be in back not front), I'm totally sold on this. I have the BB7 Yes Model Starscream, and aesthetic wise, this blows that out of the water, of course, IMO. Probably going to sell that most likely. I do already have him preordered @ BBTS, it says "May".

So, any issues I should be aware of? Also, here's a pic what I mean (though most probably know what I meant)
    https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/1/13/Tud3_starscream_smirkiest.jpg

18. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel about the seeker situation too. My unlit mate hope is that Fanstoys, Ocular Max, or DX9 take a shot at em. Id love to see something that really perfectly captures the characters.

And WOW, great job on the modding. Mind uploading some more pictures of the full figure posed?

• Like Like x 1
  19. jream

jream PRO DESIGN TFW2005 Supporter

is it weird i feel 'dirty' making screamer some titties??? :)  haha!

great pics!

• Like Like x 1
  20. cybertronwarriors

Instagram:
    Thanks man. Props to Pro Design for the upgrade parts. Repainting the eyes was a pain, but worth it. Not sure when I’ll get around to the photos of Meteor, but when I do, I’ll post them right away here. Until then, let us pray for the perfect seeker.

Great creations! Thanks to your upgrades, this guy looks so much better. Dare I say sexier? Haha.

• Like Like x 1