Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. pg52282

pg52282 TF fan since 1986!!

I have to agree. I loved the MP-11 mold when it first came out but after they retooled it for the coneheads, I started to dislike it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Yea, it's a good mold, but Meteor is just so much better. It fits the Mp 36 Megatron aesthetics very well. I do like some Of the mods that I'm seeing in this thread tho. I hope maybe they could incorporate those into a Starscream 2.0, and continue with Thundercracker and Skywarp. Then they could go and do some coneheads that also capture that great sleek look and toon aesthetic as well.

I like this mold with the MP 11 head tho. Looks better.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 10:45 PM
    • Like Like x 3
  3. ShortHound85

ShortHound85 Active Member

I finally got my Meteor project done.:)  Forgot to flip the Decepticon logo at the end.:confused: 

• Like Like x 12
  4. Barbarandroid

Barbarandroid Well-Known Member

Love it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShortHound85

ShortHound85 Active Member

Great! Thank you.

6. Phamduc

Phamduc Well-Known Member

so today i received my copy. I want to share some thoughts about it.
    First of all, DAMN. Is maketoys from Japan ? I mean yeah factory should be in china but the whole feel of the figure is very mecha-ish , which is cool.
    Joints are scarily tight though , and the feet could be better. But the way it is i have no big complain , aside from the fin tail behind keep flapping around.
    The null ray get in the way of arm articulation which is not ideal , but it's alright.
    The arm gap is surprisingly not as profound as I thought because the gap in the back is smaller , which make inner not bright enough to be noticeable.
    BUT
    The figure is indeed gorgeous with its finish and design. Very close to that of MP39 and MP36. The face color is not that dark too, and it's nice that they draw the line in the mouth with darker grey.
    I haven't transformed my figure and I will definitely do it some times later.
    AGAIN , BUT!
    WHY DOUBLE FACE?? UGH , FIRST TIME IVE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH A MP FIGURE. WHY? OF ALL CHARACTERS BUT THIS ONE???
    Does anyone know how to get the other face? Ive never used customer service , i bought this from Robotoybase.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. pg52282

pg52282 TF fan since 1986!!

Hmmm I'd ask Robotoybase if they can send you a spare smirking face. If that doesn't work, contact Maketoys. Maybe they might be able to help.

8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The smirk is the only real option in my opinion..

The others are a bit weak. I'm happy with my copy but I'm not going to redo all of my mp11 seekers with this mold. Just too much hassle and cost.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

IMG_4838.JPG Mine just arrived today and I haven't had time to play with him, but I did take a pic next to ironhide. The red are exact and they look so good together! I am praying that they do Skywarp and Thundercracker because I am hooked! I may end up painting the face a tad lighter down the line. What a masterpiece!

• Like Like x 6
  10. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

I just bought but haven't received it yet. Hear from multiple sources that the face is not as dark as it is showed in videos, is it right?

11. Marvelboy1974

Correct, but it is still darker than I'd like it to be. A slightly lighter shade of acrylic model grey may do wonders down the line. If you look closely at my pic you will see the red eyes, barely.

12. Marvelboy1974

This is epic!!!!

• Like Like x 1